Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is 72.44.89.31 the site's IP address?  (Read 2210 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Is 72.44.89.31 the site's IP address?
« on: September 25, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
I pinged the domain name and got 72.44.89.31 returned.

I'm trying to diagnose why my home network can't reach the site. But changing/bypassing DNS has no effect. It's not a computer issue; my iPhone now has the same problem unless I switch to cellular.

No one's accessed the router here (because they can't) but it's as if my ISP has blocked the site entirely.

I'll see about contacting the ISP unless anyone has a suggestion here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Is 72.44.89.31 the site's IP address?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Your IP was likely blocked by the servers firewall. Sometimes this happens to real users.

get me your IP and I can make sure you are not blocked.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
Unblocking my IP worked for a little while but I'm dead in the water again.

Last night, and tonight, the issue arose when trying to start a thread. When I previwed it prior to publishing, the content stopped right before my second picture (broken image link icon). Oddly, no text after that showed, either.

Tonight I deleted and re uploaded the two missing jpegs, using different file names, and ran all text through a plain text operation in case illegal character was gumming up the works. What I got for my effort was no access again from my IP.

Halp!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »
Just drove into town to get a cell signal strong enough to post these. I'm done for the night.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
I remember someone saying not to use the preview post button for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »
Oh man, really? It's always been a great way to proofread prior to publishing.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 06:45:40 AM »
I just posted the thread, Stuffed peppers, in the grilling section. Tried to follow up with a reply to include the rest of the missing text and my IP is blocked again.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:23 AM »
Seems I'm back again. I'll try and not blow anything up again.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 07:31:32 AM »
Nope. I successfully (or so I thought) posted the last two images for that Stuffed Peppers thread, saw them added to the thread (the last one's too large, I know that) and then could not follow up again.

So I'm back to using Verizon again on my phone.

@Troy what could be causing me to keep getting booted off like this? Thx

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »
were you clicking the preview button?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »
One time no, one time yes, which I suppose is why I'm still blocked.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
Thanks for the fix, again @Troy!