Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Purchased a "P" for the stable  (Read 1215 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Purchased a "P" for the stable
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
As you all know the weather has been miserable here this spring... I have only had a small window to do cleaning and now added to. It is a GA in very good condition, but missing the charcoal grate... :(
That being said for its age it looks really good and will be an addition just to have one. Thank God, he didn't
advertise as a Weber, just a portable grill..

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Purchased a "P" for the stable
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
Nice find!  I am a big fan of the GA.  Was fortunate enough to pick up an excellent condition "A" just before Christmas off of CL for $10.  Definitely a great little cooker!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Purchased a "P" for the stable
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
Nice, one of these days I'll spot one that isn't a gasser around here. I've got some old cast iron Char Griller grates to mod to fit one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
Nice, one of these days I'll spot one that isn't a gasser around here. I've got some old cast iron Char Griller grates to mod to fit one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I'll need a grate or this one is for show. 0000, won't take long to make this one shine. It is probably the nicest condition I have found, but missing the grill grate. The grill grate is still shining. It was a cheap find, but it will add to the stable for some chatter...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 06:11:20 AM »
I picked up a NIB '93 (P) GA two years ago for $40. I did what just about every Grillfella was doing at that point, robbing the wood handles off of it and using them on a regular kettle. This was before Brian was doing handles. I cook on mine once in a while and it works pretty good.