Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Indirect concept corral  (Read 1753 times)

MDurso

• WKC Brave
Indirect concept corral
« on: September 21, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
Here's a heavy duty indirect corral I had welded up.  Enough room for starters or paper underneath. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Indirect concept corral
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:02:31 PM »
How do those compare to the old welded baskets?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »
They barely fit under the grate but you know... Indirect is indirect and heat is heat.  More expensive than the stamped baskets, but allow a lot of air flow.

Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:31:06 AM »
nice
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:17:40 AM »
Looks like it'll hold the coals closer to the cooking grate for direct pseudo caveman style cooking too.

All the heat with no ashes on your meat...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:05:32 AM »
I was looking for high heat and a basket for the 26 when it was under redesign.  The indirect baskets were sized more for a 22 kettle.  Since the 26 was larger, I thought they'd want to go big on the baskets -no such luck.  That's why this looks so big in a 22, it's capacity is designed more for a 26.