Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Slide Aside  (Read 7551 times)

Cellar2ful

Weber Slide Aside
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:05:41 PM »

Finally got around to ordering a Slide Aside lid holder. There is no fit or air gap problem closing the lid with it installed. You will only need one as it is designed to fit both 18" and 22" kettles and can be easily moved from kettle to kettle.  Really nice accessory for tailgating as it blocks the winds usually found in parking lots.  Inexpensive accessory and I can see it will get a lot of use with my vintage kettles.  It is available through Weber for $24 (part#8411).

On a 18"

On a 22"

@mhiszem   @Heyjude
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Slide Aside
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »
Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »
That is sharp!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »
Love the last pic of the blue's peel.

Could you try fitting this on a 26'er?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »

Yep. Works great.....

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »

Love the last pic of the blue's peel.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Sweet brown and blue grills! Those Slide-A-Sides are a must have for the classic MBH kettles. And yes, they DO fit the classic (1962-1999) 26ers famously. Nice setups! [emoji106]🏻

HOLY GRAILS: 1960s Glen Blue 22 aka The Imperial, 1981 C code Green 22, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »
When was this brought back?  I had a laundry list of items for them back then...
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
Looks very nice !!!

Could someone please send a picture of Slide-A-Side on 26er (I have L code flattop) and bowl lip seems too thick for it fit snug. What am i doing wrong?
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
Looks very nice !!!

Could someone please send a picture of Slide-A-Side on 26er (I have L code flattop) and bowl lip seems too thick for it fit snug. What am i doing wrong?

Here's a side note.. the lids of the 26-3/4" grill are spun (or at least they were for the originals and at the reintroduction of 2008.  All the other bowls and lids were stamped.

The "flat" is actually necessary for where there metal was held as it was spun and then a wooden buck was pressed up against the metal as it was formed into a lid.  viola.  A flat top lid.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

Looks very nice !!!

Here's a side note.. the lids of the 26-3/4" grill are spun (or at least they were for the originals and at the reintroduction of 2008.  All the other bowls and lids were stamped.

The "flat" is actually necessary for where there metal was held as it was spun and then a wooden buck was pressed up against the metal as it was formed into a lid.  viola.  A flat top lid.

There are faint spin lines in my 2017 OKP 26er. Even some slight orange peel finish in my lid.

I'll get pics of the slide aside on my '69-70 brown and '72 red 26er.

HOLY GRAILS: 1960s Glen Blue 22 aka The Imperial, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »
So yes.  Thank you for the reply.

I asked Chris over at TVWB and he said that the flat is gone from the 26 so he wouldn't be surprised if it is stamped these days.

We hunted around for the original tooling for that lid and then it dawned on them.. Oh yeah.. We never stamped them!  They dug out the old spinning form and had to polish it up before sending it out for initial runs.

While I can see having more headroom with the stamped dome and having better production, I have a soft spot for the flat tops.

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
There are faint spin lines in my 2017 OKP 26er. Even some slight orange peel finish in my lid.

I'll get pics of the slide aside on my '69-70 brown and '72 red 26er.

HOLY GRAILS: 1960s Glen Blue 22 aka The Imperial, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Thanks @Craig  , Will wait for pictures.

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »
Kindly share some pictures if you can. Thank you.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »
@Cellar2ful
Thankyou for the review Jim. I wasn’t aware that it would fit all the lid sizes. I normally lay a wood board on the ground next to whatever cooker and lay the lid on that. This will be much easier.  I ordered one. Thanks bud 👍

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 06:37:08 AM »
Thanks again @Cellar2ful for the recommendation. My slide a side came the other day, and works perfectly. I squeezed the tabs a little for a tight fit and the lid sits just fine on the bowl. I like how the lid is completely out of the way when it’s opened, giving full access to the grill.