Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tried Something New  (Read 980 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Tried Something New
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »
It has been raining steadily all day, with occasional T-storms. So it was a cook inside kind of day.

The other day I was at an Asian Market and bought a chunk of Jackfruit. You can use it many ways, but a popular way is bbq in a veggie version of pulled pork. So I gave it a try. Came out pretty tasty and sorry I did not snap a pic, but it was good enough that my hubby ate a sandwich and gave it a thumbs up.....and he is a die hard steak guy.

I will make it on my grill next time so it will have a nice smokey flavor. The indoor version called for liquid smoke but I never buy that stuff. I used Sweet Baby Rays and the recipe shown here.

http://www.moreveganblog.com/2014/06/28/bbq-pulled-jackfruit/

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Tried Something New
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
I'm cooking for a cousin's wedding and they want BBQ.  A couple of friends and family are vegetarian so I have considered this.  So far all I have gotten is sarcasm when trying to find an honest opinion about pulled jack fruit.  Thank you for the recipe and review.  I'm going to jump in based on your feedback.

Thank You!

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
There is a great market near me that has jackfruit.  I really need to try this.

Great post!
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

davekkk

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
Gotta try this some time!