Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 3130 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
Thank you for the ideas. So pulled pork will be a must. Thighs and simple hotdogs seem to me also good.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 09:24:21 PM »
Ok here is Hoss from left field.

Pepper Stout Beef.

You have to dice onions and peppers but in the end all you do is blend. In the end with Pulled Pork you have to sort out the fatty bits....and I take forever to do this and at a certain point my hands start seize up on me.
Sort "out" the fatty bits?
Blasphemy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Not sure about the butts where you are but in these parts a whole butt takes me 5-10 minutes depending on meat temperature to clean. The hard narly bits and large fat deposits are disgusting dude. If I don't trim the outside on some there will be an entire flap on one side that needs to go.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 05:33:05 AM »
I totally forgot about my spit. If I manage to take it with me, I still can make some hog roast (up to 70 lbs). Just like the one I made some time ago.

Or, as somebody mentioned before, whole chickens. I just found the baskets fitting on my spit grill. 20-24 chickens are fitting in.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 06:08:58 AM »
Whole hog looks cool...but isn't the best way to cook a ton of pork. Your call though.

I like the chicken basket idea for the spit...

Whole chickens are cheap. Brine ahead of time and dry rub. You can feed a ton of people right there.

Pulled pork. Hot dogs for the kids. Both great ideas.

Get long rolls/buns so they can work for both pulled pork sandwiches and loaded dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqbill

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 10:42:02 AM »
Ive catered for years small and very large groups. The simplest thing that I think would be a hit and is for us would be porkloin sandwiches.  Buy whole boneless porkloin and slice it. You can get 25 to 30 sandwiches out of one. You can season and or marinate them the night before.  It only takes a few minutes to cook and you wont be rushed. I owned a bbq resstaurant for years. Pulled pork starts drying out as soon as it is pulled. You can cook alot of porkloin on 2 26s. Beans cooked on the weber would be a great combination.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
I would suggest adding pulled beef to the menu. It is super easy to make using chuck roast.

I was going to suggest that as well. Can't go wrong with pulled pork and pulled beef. Just make sure you have sauces to go with it... pork, I'd use a BBQ sauce and a vinegar sauce served on the side. Beef, I'd use a beef stock mixed with the natural juices from the beef.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Thnx guys👍

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »
The funny thing to me is every party I have cooked for, the cheeseburgers get eaten the most. I swear I could cook lobster and filets and the cheeseburgers would get eaten first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 12:35:03 AM »
Got pretty the same experience😀

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Advice needed
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 01:40:34 AM »
Maybe consider using the baskets to cook chicken quarters. They are easy, cheap, and you can serve them when done. Whole chickens have to be cut up.
Sausage, peppers and onions. Shouldn't be too hard to cook that off an hour or 2 beforehand and keep warm. Pretty hard to screw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
That's also a good idea!

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 02:22:50 AM »
All above are good ideas! I like the pulled pork, chicken thighs and dogs idea, sides coleslaw,  potatoes salad, baked beans, broccoli salad, corn? Or what about some chili? As a side? Good luck send us some pics and let us know how you make out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 02:32:48 AM »
The party will be (hopefully) confirmed on Monday. If everything goes well, it will take place somewhere mid of September. Thnx for all inputs!

rbardo

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 03:20:18 AM »
You might want to think about doing chicken wings. I recently did these for a large party and they were a hit. People love smoked wings. They are not that expensive and don't take long to cook. You can have the butcher split the wings or you can do it yourself. Or just serve up whole wings. I also did a pork shoulder and a few racks of ribs.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:55 AM »
Brats, pulled pork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!