Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket & Burnt Ends, Overnighter on the 26er  (Read 1066 times)

Pat G

• WKC Brave
Brisket & Burnt Ends, Overnighter on the 26er
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:18:37 AM »
I have been wanting to try smoking a brisket on the 26er so I planned on an overnighter.

8# packer.

I trimmed it and put some table salt on it, then put it in the fridge for 24 hours. Before I threw it on I added 50/50 s&p.

Snake method, KBB with post oak for smoke.

It went on around 7:30PM.

Settling in.

The 26er was holding about 235 through the night. This is at 3:30 in the morning. Guess what, the snake was getting to the end, I quickly added to the very end where the charcoal had not burned yet and basically put down another complete snake.

Here we are at 12 hours. Internal was 165.

This is after 14 hours. I really didn't want to use the crutch, but I had somewhere to be in a few hours. I separated the flat from the point and foiled the flat.

I cut up the point and added some Rufus Teague and #5. Back onto the 26er it went.

Here is the flat. After I foiled it I brought it up to 198, it wasn't probing like butter, but it was tender. I threw it in the cooler with towels for 2 hours before slicing. It was not as moist as I would have liked, but full of flavor.

Now for the burnt ends, these came out fantastic, made the whole process worth it.

It was a fun endeavor, so glad I made the burnt ends. I'm thinking about building a snake with 3x3 instead of 2x2 and trying it high heat next time.

Thanks for looking. 8)

Performer Deluxe(Copper), 26 Kettle OTG, 22 Kettle OTG, Jumbo Joe, 18WSM, 14WSM, Genesis Gold B(Redhead), Q1200, Charcoal Go Anywhere, Gas Go Anywhere, Kettle Pizza & Vortex, Smoke

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Re: Brisket & Burnt Ends, Overnighter on the 26er
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »
That looks delicious great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »
Yum!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:44:49 AM »
Nice work. I've only done a handful of briskets and they are more of a challenge for me to retain moisture than pork butt or ribs. I have yet to do one that I'm totally satisfied with. Yours looks great.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
I have yet to try a brisket but I want to give one a go soon... this looks great!
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
Great job!