Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Website won't load on computers at my house. Can access the site just fine with tapatalk  (Read 2504 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Was trying to post in the Target clearance thread last night.   Had 14 links to brickseek.  Post did not go through.  So, I went back and deleted one link and tried to submit.  Again did not go through.

Repeated process a number of times figuring that perhaps there was some limit to number of links in a post.  Thought I'd eventually stumble into what that limitation number was.

After the 4th or 5th attempt, WKC pages would no longer come up in my browser.  The pages would time out.  Switched to another browser and got the same result.  Went to two other computers in the house and same thing happens there as well.

Am using Tapatalk over cell connection and obviously, it works.  Haven't tried to access over wifi yet, but will after posting this.

Am wondering if the website blocked my ip on that end as a defensive / anti-spam measure?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Troy

• Statesman
yup, that's what happened.
the preview button is risky.

i can unban the recently blocked IPs
sorry about that

Troy

• Statesman
ok, i cleared recently banned US IPs, please try again (hopefully you can see this)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Still happening.  My ip is  192.180.190.0

Troy

• Statesman
Still happening.  My ip is  192.180.190.0

Ok, found it and cleared it.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
YAY!  I can get my crack fix again !!!!

Thanks Troy !!!

Troy

• Statesman
No problem. sorry for the hassle.

for what it's worth, that preview button seems to be dangerous.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Seems like there is an issue posting a lot of links.  I got locked out the other day posting a list of links.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Yeah.  I just made more attempts at posting the links.  Worked from the other direction this time.   Made a post, then edited it adding one link, then edited again adding two.   Looks like more than three links in the post will kick it.

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
Help! I'm having the same problem at home and at work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:19:56 AM by GillingNoob757 »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Website is having issue for me as well
Both at work and home. Both with IE or Chrome.
Same on iPhone.
Keeps saying Temporarily Unavailable
What gives? @Troy
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Troy

• Statesman
Yeah.  I just made more attempts at posting the links.  Worked from the other direction this time.   Made a post, then edited it adding one link, then edited again adding two.   Looks like more than three links in the post will kick it.

are you using the preview button?

Troy

• Statesman
Website is having issue for me as well
Both at work and home. Both with IE or Chrome.
Same on iPhone.
Keeps saying Temporarily Unavailable
What gives? @Troy

I was getting that a lot last week.
Caching is disabled, so it has been stressing the server out.
Traffic is triple what it normally is because we're so awesome.

Troy

• Statesman
Help! I'm having the same problem at home and at work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From the computer that is having issues:
1. do a google search for "what is my IP"
2. copy the numbers that google search results displays as your IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
3. get those numbers to me somehow (troy@weberkettleclub, text 662SEOTROY, post them here, PM me)

charred

• WKC Performer
I can't connect via laptop or phone via wi-fi. It works on phone if i close wi-fi.

PM sent
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:45:02 PM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers