Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Caster on Tripod?  (Read 2614 times)

mfridman

• Smokey Joe
Caster on Tripod?
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
Has anyone thought of putting a locking caster on the front leg of a 3-leg kettle?  Something like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-x-3-4-quarter-inch-stem-swivel-caster-with-brake-90992.html

I'm thinking about it... seems like an "R2D2" type motion might be neat.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:29:56 PM by mfridman »

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Caster on Tripod?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »
I put a couple spare Weber wheels on mine. Its gets around pretty good without a swiveler on it.

Only draw back is when the wind blows I have to go to my neighbors place to get my dinner and my grill back...try explaining that to your hungry neighbors that've been smelling what your cooking for hours.

An old beer can keeps it home.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:10:57 PM »
Now that I've seen that, I can't envision it
any other way.  I love it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »

I put a couple spare Weber wheels on mine. Its gets around pretty good without a swiveler on it.

Only draw back is when the wind blows I have to go to my neighbors place to get my dinner and my grill back...try explaining that to your hungry neighbors that've been smelling what your cooking for hours.

An old beer can keeps it home.

Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
It's easy to employ a standard stem caster wheel in front. Get a 1" diameter shower curtain rod. Smash one end with a hammer on the garage floor, to create your flat mounting spot. Hold the rod while you do this at the rough angle needed for the kettle leg. Drill your hole for the stem and secure the wheel. Hold it up to the kettle, start cutting off rod length etc.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch