Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slide aside table mod  (Read 8990 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Slide aside table mod
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 08:16:08 PM »
Looking at that grill and that table set never grows old. How could it? Shit, I even envy @bear 's freakin' lawn in those pix. Seriously, no weeds?

Perhaps you could template it out and send via email to folks.  Then they just get the wood, cut out with a jig saw, sand and stain. 

I'd be happy with some info about how to clamp and cut wood strips together like that. These sorts of tables often are made with multiple pieces of wood for strength or whatever, yeah? And then there's probably a router to buy for the edges ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »
@bear, why have I not seen this early. I think I have a new project :)
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 03:57:03 AM »
Probably because you only just started stalking me? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

rober

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:51 AM »
lots of different ways to laminate boards together. 1/4 sawn lumber has less tendency to cup. choose a hardwood that can resist rot & SEAL it. oil finishes are easier to touchup & recoat periodically. if anyone in st louis is interested i can make the panels up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuRzh8WJA0

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »
Probably because you only just started stalking me? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I don’t like the word “stalker”, I prefer to be known as an unpaid private investigator 😂😂😂😂
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2017, 05:37:37 PM »
lots of different ways to laminate boards together. 1/4 sawn lumber has less tendency to cup. choose a hardwood that can resist rot & SEAL it. oil finishes are easier to touchup & recoat periodically. if anyone in st louis is interested i can make the panels up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuRzh8WJA0

Thanks for that @rober !

Hey I could take you up on that; I get to STL a couple times a year, Xmas and summertime primarily.

Would I then just have to glue the panels together in some kind of a jig like that?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

rober

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »
addicted- sent you a p.m.

i'm a retired union carpenter. I have a wood shop where I build bee hive equipment, bird/bat/owl houses, various woodworking projects, & repair guitars & violins. I have some woods in mind but will research which woods would be the best choices. I can laminate the panels for you to finish or do the whole build. anyone interested I can P.M. you my phone number as I'd rather not post that online.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »
Rob thanks, I'll call in a week or so!

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2021, 02:36:02 PM »
I hereby revive this dead thread to say, without overstating, this is the greatest thing to happen in the history of everything ever.

And I seen me some stuff!
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2021, 04:48:08 AM »
Great job! So can we order the metal brackets from Weber? What is the product # for the “slide aside” piece? If I’m following correctly. Nice job on the wood work!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2021, 05:00:04 AM »
Found it Weber Slide Aside Lid Holder - 16116

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2021, 10:08:04 PM »
Awesome work.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

65Westy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2021, 08:16:06 AM »
Wow!, Those are great!