Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grommet Options  (Read 11522 times)

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grommet Options
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2017, 10:52:49 AM »
Will the extra air be enough to affect temperature control? Could probably stuff a small ball of aluminum foil to help mitigate it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2017, 12:25:44 PM »
Do you mean because of leaking air? Just shut down the intake more. Or squeeze the lid vent some.

When not using a thermometer, I'd use a cap of some kind if the ferrule or whatever passes through the wall allows it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »
just for anyone's inquiry:

did 3 cooks with the Weber grommet mod with the highest pit temp @ 350degrees, so far it's holding up.
I would try to install this as high as one can of the bowl's outer rim lip to clear the grate, it's a tad above the grate for me and I try to keep the grate away from touching it. I'd try not to keep the charcoal bin under it and situate it far away from the grommet as possible.

I don't need to get pizza type of temps although I need to try my small vortex in this 22" to see if that produces more heat that could destroy the grommet. lol, don' know how high of a temp the vortex produces soo... . It'll do okay with the Weber bins and the sns as long as I place either one somewhere away from the grommet.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:45:10 PM by Paul S »
RetireCheapJC says: There's always an option.