Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Why buy a performer versus OTG?  (Read 6149 times)

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
Re: Re: Why buy a performer versus OTG?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 10:40:18 PM »
Bryan, if you are on the east coast that changes everything. An OTG is what you want, definitely. I will send you the cl listings for all the OTGs, and you send me the info on all performers, okay?  ;-)"

Lol!
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
Ok here is your justification, you need it!!! ;D ;D   Btw i just got my BBQ buddy table, i can't wait to try it out!

My only complaint with the bbq buddy is that the seal around the lid is broken.  Lets air in and smoke out.... when I have the roti ring on, it's not as apparent.  Maybe its because I have the stove gasket around the roti ring.   I hope you have better luck...
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »
Ok here is your justification, you need it!!! ;D ;D   Btw i just got my BBQ buddy table, i can't wait to try it out!

My only complaint with the bbq buddy is that the seal around the lid is broken.  Lets air in and smoke out.... when I have the roti ring on, it's not as apparent.  Maybe its because I have the stove gasket around the roti ring.   I hope you have better luck...

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Why buy a performer versus OTG?
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:20 AM »
What is a bbq buddy?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle

• WKC Brave
Why buy a performer versus OTG?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:48 AM »
My red ss performer has to be my 2nd favorite weapon behind my wsm. I LOVE the added workspace. I use the space for trays of meat when cooking on either the wsm or performer. If I had this last Christmas I probably wouldn't have dumped a brisket on the porch.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 06:01:36 AM »
You will love it. If it has the G/A, it will end up being your go to grill. I'm doing a build, so I can have one on the deck and one in the garage.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
I have a weber one touch silver.  I could not justify the price of a performer, even off craigslist.  I paid $20 for the OTS.  I have some side tables already that are next to my grill and I use the side burner from my gas grill to light the charcoal.  While a performer would be nice, I just couldn't justify the price.

That being said, my wife and I are on a pretty tight budget. If money didn't matter, I would go buy a brand new performer along with a brand new weber gasser and a brand new WSM.  But we can't afford that.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
I used to be an average dude of average happiness.  Then I got my performer and now I feel like a new man....more like a BBQing super hero.  I saved a family from a burning church a few days ago with my performer. 

Seriously though, it really is nice.  I love  mine!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
  not owning a Performer, I can only speculate on what an incredible sensate quality of feeling this might produce:

" I saved a family from a burning church a few days ago with my performer."    

What I do know is it's probably   "TAGLINE OF THE MONTH "  
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"