Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Uuni 3  (Read 2968 times)

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
Uuni 3
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »
So after a month of testing out kettle pizza, i am just not happy with the tedious setup/results. Ive decided to try the "uuni 3 pizza oven". It burns wood pellets and claims to cook a pizza in 90 seconds. Nothing but stellar reviews. Ill let you guys know how it goes:
https://www.bbqguys.com/uuni/3-stainless-steel-wood-fired-pellet-pizza-oven?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping-campaign&utm_term=2966637&adbrand=Uuni&kpid=2966637&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwI6kvbW31QIVBxBpCh1R2QGzEAQYASABEgL4IfD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: Uuni 3
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:11:36 AM »
One of my friends has one of those and loves it.  The 90 second thing is no joke.  He got in on a kickstarter a few years back.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 04:43:00 AM »
I also have a friend that has one.  It took him a cook or two to get it totally figured out and is now turning out amazing pizzas.  The nice thing is that it heats up fast.  He comes home for lunch and cooks fresh pizzas all the time.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mfridman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
Woah $300 for a dedicated pizza grill?

Here is what I want to try to do (need time to work on it):  add insulator/heat shield to my kettle lid (need to sacrifice a 2nd lid to do it).
pizza steel + insulated lid should result in even cooking top + bottom at 600F+.

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
Yea, we have been cooking up to as many as 10 pizzas at a time for get togethers every weekend. I end up having to refuel, plus i feel like the excessive heat is going to beat up my brand new performer, which was not my intention.  Its coming tomorrow and i suspect that ill use the hell out of it seeing that homemade pizza night is becoming a tradition rather quickly in our household

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
The uuni 3 was money well spent, pizzas seriously cooked in 90 seconds, very consistant.

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 07:48:36 PM »

gauit11

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »
At the end of the day, sooooooo much better than the kettle pizza if you plan on cooking a lot of pizza

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 08:38:57 AM »
At the end of the day, sooooooo much better than the kettle pizza if you plan on cooking a lot of pizza

And probably cheaper in the long run.  I started with the basic KP kit, then added the pro-grate and tombstone and plan to add the baking steel.  Not to mention the cost of fuel for the KP.  If you are into pizza making the Uuni is a great investment.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!