Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How old  (Read 965 times)

sbano84

• Smokey Joe
How old
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:38:11 PM »

Just wondering the age on this grill and wondering if I can put the one touch basket on the bottom? It's a brand new I can buy it for $80 seems to be a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: How old
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
It's a decent price because it's NIB and has the wooden handles. You can add a OTG ash catcher to it like this: http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/03/03/converting-a-weber-ots-to-otg/
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
Its probably from the 90's But just to be clear, putting a OTG bucket may not be a simple ad on.
However a simple moid is easily done.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:33:55 AM »
Like Heyjude said, adding an ash pan can be done, but may not go easily. It depends on the how the leg sockets are oriented. Given that it's the older style ash sweep it's likely that it will require a mod (screws or hose clamps) to attach a new ash catcher.
If it we're me, I'd pass. The ash pan is going to run you more than $30, iirc. For $150 you can buy a brand new kettle with Ash catcher, two bowl handles, flip cooking grate, a lid thermometer and you can even get it in a color. $80 just isn't cheap enough for a run of the mill blackie and the headache of having to mod it, IMO.
Of course, the new grill will have a taco handle, and some people just can't live with that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:38:39 AM by cbpeck »

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 06:49:51 AM »
Dont let it get away, forward it to a club member if you dont want it.

The 3WD grill is best cooker Weber ever made IMO.

Always try too get a better deal...never give anyone what they're asking for anything.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need