Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2018 Calendar Photo Contest - Win a NIB Ivory Master-Touch!  (Read 21368 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Thanks Matt, very cool idea and a GREAT prize. Guess I need to invest in a camera. Looking forward to seeing some great shots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:08:30 PM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Troy

• Statesman
Hey @SixZeroFour - the camera from a modern iphone or android phone would be potentially good enough for print, assuming they send you the full resolution

right?

LukeS

• Smokey Joe
Chicks have the Firemans calendar, the lads have the WKC Calender.
Love it Matty!

SixZeroFour

@Troy I've run into issues in the past with camera phones having a large filesizes, but the lens itself just isn't up to par and provides a slightly grainy image. If you have an iPhone 6 PLUS or newer you might be able to get away with a camera phone but a proper camera is the way to go if at all possible.

If you don't have a suitable camera you are welcome to submit camera phone images but there is a 50/50 chance it may not be usable in the calendar!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
@Troy I've run into issues in the past with camera phones having a large filesizes, but the lens itself just isn't up to par and provides a slightly grainy image. If you have an iPhone 6 PLUS or newer you might be able to get away with a camera phone but a proper camera is the way to go if at all possible.

If you don't have a suitable camera you are welcome to submit camera phone images but there is a 50/50 chance it may not be usable in the calendar!

ahhh ok
so the graininess usually comes from low light situations.
Most modern cell phones take great pics in bright light, but suck ass when it's past 6pm.
(someone who knows more about cameras can probably 'shed some light' on the reasoning...  as far as I understand, the graininess is the result of a bump in ISO [light sensitivity])

SixZeroFour

Exactly!.... that and motion blur usually creep into camera phone shots. Not saying its impossible to get a great shot, just requires more planning and possible a mount or tripod to get a super clean image.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Exactly!.... that and motion blur usually creep into camera phone shots. Not saying its impossible to get a great shot, just requires more planning and possible a mount or tripod to get a super clean image.
hey I'm gonna send you some shots from my phone tomorrow cuz I'm curious how they will look with how your uploading.
these are the options my phone has

Bertman

• WKC Brave
Very cool! Love the weber calendar idea.

SixZeroFour

A huge thank you to member @Rub for donating a kick ass Swamp Boys prize pack to be included in the giveaways!

Stay tuned for more prizes - I will update the original post shortly to include additional details.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
@Rub Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:00:52 AM by vwengguy »

vvVFANGVvv

• Happy Cooker
Hi thought id share my first entry! Would love that ivory goodness!! I think id marry it, or at least marry the missus and have it as my bestman! Would be awesome at the reception lol

My entry dosent have the signature :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:41:55 PM by vvVFANGVvv »

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Great pic Martin!
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

WNC

• WKC Performer
[emoji15]

james1787

• WKC Ranger
Very generous prize offering! Wow! So when is the deadline to get pics submitted? I'll have to come up with a few entries..
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner