Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: High temps  (Read 1563 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
High temps
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:37:17 AM »
I grill pizza every Sunday at my parents. My mother makes them and myself, dad and brother cook them. I don't use any accessory because the pizzas are large. She makes them on one of those round metal pizza pans that have holes punched all over. I simply set it on a pizza stone that sits on 2 red bricks. We used about 2 chimneys of kbb. No wood and we leave the lid cracked a fair amount. I didn't get any pictures of the pizza. Pizza cooking is just too intense lol.  I'm just surprised by the high temps we have been getting and doing nothing special. Looking inside the grill, the new flip grate was glowing red and starting to sag. I think we should have used one of my old standard grates as a sacrificial grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:38:55 AM by HoosierKettle »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: High temps
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
Damn, that's hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: High temps
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »
Yeah, and lid not quite on all the way works wonders.  I actually do that a lot when cooking wings.  I also definitely warped a cooking grate or two with my Kettle Pizza until I upgrade to the GBS grate which was rock solid and then later to the Kettlepizza Pro Grate and tombstone.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!