Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop  (Read 23660 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »
If it drops more I'm loading up. That shit is amazing! I reused fuel last night and it burns amazing even on the second light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used 3/4ths a chimney for 4 cooks, the last one being dogs and brats at over 400 degrees.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
this was at meijer today! Anyone have any insight on the clearance policy for meijer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »
Idk but my Meijer has had them priced at $14.99 on clearance for weeks. I’ll go check tomorrow to see if it dropped here.

I did pick up 9 packages of Weber lighter cubes for $2 each at my local Walmart today.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2017, 05:17:37 AM »
Our Walmarts don’t seem to carry any Weber products [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
this was at meijer today! Anyone have any insight on the clearance policy for meijer?

Nobody knows the clearance process at meijer? That "pull tag" number must mean something... just wonder if i should pull the trigger now or roll the dice on it dropping further.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:06:55 PM by Mkrause »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:03 PM »
Not sure what specifics you are after. I checked and my Meijer has it at $9.99 also. I plan to go tomorrow and load up.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2017, 04:45:34 AM »
Not sure what specifics you are after. I checked and my Meijer has it at $9.99 also. I plan to go tomorrow and load up.

Specifics as far as if and when it will drop further... seems like target had lowered the price on seasonal items year after year up to 75% off... does meijer do the same? 10 bucks is a great price but if i could wait a few days and get it even cheaper, wouldn't it make more sense?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2017, 06:23:24 AM »
Yes it would @Mkrause but I'm not going to chance it and miss out on an already good deal.  0.49/lb isn't bad at all for this stuff.  When I go to buy some today I'll ask some associates if they know that it will get discounted more.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »
Lowe's has the Weber charcoal on clearance at $13.99. Not nearly as good as the Target price, but it could get discounted again. I sure hope Weber keeps selling the stuff in the years ahead.

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
$13.99 is about what is should be so as to allow Weber to market it as a premium product without of being cost prohibitive for a consumable.  That would allow then to then price it at 2 for $20 for the summer holidays. 

It’s currently my favorite briquette, but I would not pay regular price; I know it burns longer and can be reused, but so can Stubb’s at less than half the price.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »
I'd go $14 to try it out, but it's about out of my price range. And so is any decent charcoal. I may have to switch to a gas grill if this keeps up.

At MSRP, $20 isn't out of line from other premium briquets. But Weber has a real problem here: they don't discount, and the other brands' "$20 bags" have lower street prices.

And I see another, longer-term problem. By clearencing these out, Weber is telling us not to grill except for spring and summer. EARLY summer, at that, since these clearance prices began in July. Why did they even bother selling these in the U.S.?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »
It's the stores, not Weber, that are clearancing them out.  Like the grills themselves, most stores consider it a seasonal item and basically get rid of them to make way for Halloween decorations, snowblowers, Christmas decorations and whatnot. 

I've usually loaded up on the Kingsford when Home Depot & Lowes would have them 2 for $9.88 for many holiday weekends that people often barbecue over. 

I'm thinking about trying out lump charcoal from a place called Berger Brothers in Chicago.  They seem to get good reviews, but I wondered if anyone here tried them.  I know there is differences I can expect with lump charcoal, but thought I'd check it out to see if I like it more or less. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:14:30 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »
I bought 5 bags at Meijer tonight. I asked the cashier if the clearance price would drop again or what the policy is. She said if it doesn’t sell they will stock it till next season and put it back out at retail price. We’ll see if that’s true. Probably 7-9 bags left at my store. Just no more room for it at home.