Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You people  (Read 5289 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: You people
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:20 AM »
I cook on about 8 of my grills, including the Imperial Sequioa from time to time.  Most of my commonly used grills are my MT's.   My red Performer is a workhorse.  I will be putting my lime ss Performer into the mix soon as well as my red 26!  I have plenty of others that are retired and store bbq supplies in them like Troy does.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 06:04:34 AM »
After learning about the Cue Cart in this thread i see there is a Cue Wagon also.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/3760147848.html

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 06:13:35 AM »
I have never heard of the Que Cart.  I wonder if eastex has one or where it is in the pecking order.

There was one in Dallas about a year ago for $20 but it was a moving sale and I couldn't get there in time. It's below a Hasty Bake and above a Strutco ;D 

I don't have any really old Webers but I do use my early 1960's Cook N Kettle regularly. I have what I believe to be a early 1950's Portable kitchen grill that I have cooked on but due to it's early design the vents aren't placed to make it work very well. Its a rounded rectangular shape and the intake and exhaust vents are both in the center of the grill. One is toward the front edge of the grill and the other is to the back, this keeps all the air circulating in the middle so the ends of the grill don't heat as well. It was made in Tyler Texas and I've seen pictures of another one made in Tyler that has the vents on each end of the grill like the modern ones. If I found one of those I might let my earlier model go, either to a museum/collector or back to the factory for their museum.
   If i get my hands on that 18 Wood dale I've spotted I fully expect to cook on it too.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »
I purchased a 26" flat top by accident. It has been used. Can't say that for all, most are waiting to be cleaned and used. I can hardly wait to bring out the Lime and Yellow. I have teased my bride all winter. I will be wearing white tennis shorts, Nike Red Stripes and banded long athletic socks for the first cook...I hope to cook on all of them at some point.

Okay, that gives me an idea. We should start a thread where we take photos of us cooking on our grills in the style of clothing from the year they were made!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »
I purchased a 26" flat top by accident. It has been used. Can't say that for all, most are waiting to be cleaned and used. I can hardly wait to bring out the Lime and Yellow. I have teased my bride all winter. I will be wearing white tennis shorts, Nike Red Stripes and banded long athletic socks for the first cook...I hope to cook on all of them at some point.

Okay, that gives me an idea. We should start a thread where we take photos of us cooking on our grills in the style of clothing from the year they were made!

That would be funny.  You start.  :)
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »
I have started. I have posted photos of me cooking on my C & B Performer that was bought in 2011!!  ;)

Michael Berry

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 07:39:29 PM »
I cook steaks on one of the 18s (I have 3, one is retired 3 wheeler, one is brand new burgundy never used and the other is for steak), the blue 22 is for whole chickens cut up basted with a vinegar sauce cooked up in the kitchen, the 70's red 22 is used for cedar plank salmon, red MT is for ribs, the 26 comes out when I have a party or alot of shit to cook, SJs are for camping (and the 18), green OTG and burgundy SS Performer catch everything in between(they get used the most)...a couple are on the front porch for rainy day cooks...I think I've only had three kettles and a gasser going at the same time during a get together....anyway...sometimes if it's hard to decide what's for supper I buy meat based on which grill I want to fire up......