Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber GGA?  (Read 1913 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Weber GGA?
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:10:25 AM »
My first new Weber grill was a GGA that I bought in about 1987-89. It was the model that had the pumice rocks instead of the modern heat shield over the burner. It got trashed in 1999 and I wish I still had it, despit the burner and bottom of the grill being totally rusted away.

I'v been keeping my eyes peeled for another one but they dont seem to exist.

Recently one finally came up for sale. The pics show a modern type heat sheild with the rocks on top of it. What I think I remember is a regular wire grate just like the cooking grate but a little smaller, that held the rocks and not a heat shield.

Are any of you guys familiar with or have the GGA with the rocks in it to verify what it has to hold the rocks up?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber GGA?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »
Are you sure it was a weber? @Hell Fire Grill
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Yep bought it brand new.

I remember the last time I seen it. It was flying through the air into he garbage dump with the rocks scattering over the trash...and I was thinking "shit I should have saved the wood handles off that"
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:25:15 PM »
Sometimes you have to give back to mother earth..  But yeah, you screwed that one up..
Lol..

@Hell Fire Grill
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »
are lava rocks still available to buy?

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »
I have an old GA gas that was on e of my first Webers.  Didn't have the lava rock but just the porcelain heat shield and the wire rack. It's been in the garage for years. I finally got it out for the kids to use cooking their own burgers and dogs.  Just yesterday my oldest son asked how to start the charcoal on my SSP.   

Slowly infecting them with grillitis.

Whit

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 08:13:05 AM »
Yes you can still get the lava rock. I was thinking it might be nice to get the octagonal shaped stones to put on top of the heat shield.  Don't know if that would improve it or not. It cooks pretty well if it's heated up.  Maybe a set of craycort grates.