Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Platinum II Resto - need some help  (Read 4949 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Re: Genesis Platinum II Resto - need some help
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »
That's a fine grill you got there!  I have a few on my side yard I am getting ready to dive into in the next few weeks wish I could get my hands on a platinum though only thing I don't like is the closed cart but those side shelves are sweet
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »
Nice job!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 01:44:06 AM »
Great job!!Look's great!!

Gartenzwerg

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:24 PM »
I'm still thinking about how to mount a light on the handle.
I have an old 7516 Light (Black with the Button) from the Genesis Silver, but that does not fit the Platinum Handle.

I know they had a light that replaced the original handle, but that one has such bad reviews that I want to avoid it.

Anyone knows of a Weber light that will fit the Platinum handle? This seems to be a very specific shape, since all the other older Genesis Grills use a straight handle, while the Platinum one goes a bit more outward.
I might try to design a bracket for my 7516 Light in CAD and have it 3d printed, but since the shape is pretty complicated this could be a tough job.