Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is the Weber performer deluxe worth $175? If in good condition.?  (Read 13440 times)

Joetee

• WKC Brave
Re: Is the Weber performer deluxe worth $175? If in good condition.?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »
Supposed to get it Monday because the guy is out of town until then.

Where do I find the info on the 2 modifications he suggested?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
Ron Jeremy has one.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »
@Joetee that is the deluxe model with gas assist, see the lighting instructions on the grey flip up panel. The blue is a great color. It looks to be in pretty good shape. I would go for it at that price. Great grill. First two upgrades- 1) new style lid bale + rollers. 2) new style black metal table. Done and Done. Good luck-
Hey Jordanw, where can I find info on those mods you mentioned?

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »
If it's in good shape, it's definitely worth it.
Is this the deluxe model? I don't see gas assist.

My suggestion..pay/offer what you think its worth.

That said..that model will sell extremely quick around here at $200.
I thought it might. I have never seen one up close. I'm waiting for the guy to send me photos.

My answer is yes. It's worth it. You won't be sorry... believe me.

I just paid $100 for my Blue (2012) Gas assist performer from craigslist.  The seller told me I was the first to respond so she honored the price but she was getting higher offers.  The lid had some light scratches and I am sanding down the table tonight but just to get the roughness off :)

I saw one on craigslist (C&B Green ) for $50 but I was 12 minutes too late to the party on that one.. only wanted $50.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »
@Joetee that is the deluxe model with gas assist, see the lighting instructions on the grey flip up panel. The blue is a great color. It looks to be in pretty good shape. I would go for it at that price. Great grill. First two upgrades- 1) new style lid bale + rollers. 2) new style black metal table. Done and Done. Good luck-

Lol. Your already in the right place my brother. Buy that Blue! $175 all day long with no remorse.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »
1- metal table upgrade is going to cost $60-$80 depending on what current price Weber has.
2- new style charcoal bin wire chain... only a few bucks
3- wide lid bail should be around $20
  Shipping is only $7 from Weber.
I'll need to find those part numbers.

My Gen2 performer has these upgrades.

FYI, Those plastic table tops are known to crack at the mounting bolt holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »

First step register the grill with Weber. Then order the parts as you want / NEED them.
Gen 2 but yours will look pretty much the same. Black table. Wider lid rollers. I didn't need to update my charcoal bin chain, but just take a look at it. Congrats!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
As others have said, it really depends on you.    I wanted a Performer ever since the first time I saw one.  Problem is, I wasn't willing to drop $400 on a new one, nor was I willing to spend $200 on a used one.  In short, I liked having the $200 in my pocket more than I wanted the Performer.    Watching CL for some time, a Performer popped up at $75 and I was all over it.  Went to check it out and buy it, only to find a $40 price tag on it.  Seems that the owner had a yard sale the previous weekend and that was his asking price.   I kind of smiled, he said "Yeah, that's the price today as well" so I got the money out as fast as I could and had it loaded in my van before he could change his mind.

So the question is, how much are you willing to pay for a Performer to have it either right now, or in this particular color (blues don't show up here very often).     

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 10:47:53 AM »
65189      Metal table, Performer, silver vein '15           
65188      Hardware, tuck away lid holder '15               
65197      Charcoal bin chain, Performer

They should include the charcoal bin chain for free when you order the metal table.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
Weber part #s
65188 lid bale kit about $30 and well worth it.

65189 steel table top I have heard $65-75 I have not purchased yet.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »
Where do you find these parts? I've searched all over the Weber site and can't even find them by part number.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
Where do you find these parts? I've searched all over the Weber site and can't even find them by part number.

You have to go to the support section and find the schematics for the 2015 Performer.   When you click on support>schematics, it will take you to a page asking for serial number to search by.  There's a tab that says "search by grill family".  Click it, then select USA for country, charcoal for type, then 2015 Performer Deluxe for the last item.    You should get a listing with a couple of entries, just click on the black one.   

It should take you to this:
https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=15501001

Find the part you want on the diagram, trace the line and click on the number.  It will then give you the part name and the part number as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 04:09:31 PM »

You have to go to the support section and find the schematics for the 2015 Performer.   When you click on support>schematics, it will take you to a page asking for serial number to search by.  There's a tab that says "search by grill family".  Click it, then select USA for country, charcoal for type, then 2015 Performer Deluxe for the last item.    You should get a listing with a couple of entries, just click on the black one.   

Find the part you want on the diagram, trace the line and click on the number.  It will then give you the part name and the part number as well.

Well thank you. Why did Weber make it so difficult for the new guy.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 04:26:14 PM »

Well thank you. Why did Weber make it so difficult for the new guy.

You're welcome!  Kind of been wondering the same thing myself.   Maybe they don't want to overwhelm most customers who are just looking for replacement grates, flavorizer bars, knobs, accessories or whatever?  IDK.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »

First step register the grill with Weber. Then order the parts as you want / NEED them.
Gen 2 but yours will look pretty much the same. Black table. Wider lid rollers. I didn't need to update my charcoal bin chain, but just take a look at it. Congrats!

Does it matter if the grill is used when i register it?