Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Solving the 7409 ash sweep problem  (Read 5283 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Solving the 7409 ash sweep problem
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
@Seth1025 ..sorry ..didnt see your post until now.

just open up the holes as pictured...7444 has to oval brackets iwth hanlde holes....open up both at 6pm mark to allow for ash catcher bar to fit.

top to bottom...bowl..ash bar..slide in handle....

toss the h bar disc...its useless with this mod.

to remove rusted old 7409 ash sweeps..just cut the tusted ash sweep handle to remove...i use dremel eith fiberglass cutoff discs.
Grills

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:36 AM »
Still scratching my noggin

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

smokestain

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:12 AM »
So, I just got a blue mastertouch and unfortunatly the ash sweep is roached so I have an issue as that ash sweet is key to keeping the bucket on.  I know there are mods to solve this but I hate them (just my 2 cents). 
Anyway, for those how are CL browser, I know the older early 2000 OTS had those ash sweep on them, I am on a mission to find them and repurpose for the club.  Only issue is getting that rusted screw off the bottom without breaking.

meanwhile, until I can do that, my Mastertouch is being demoted to a One touch plus.
I know everyone has there own way of overcoming this problem, most are way too involved and only work so so.  When I picked up my curb sale MT I had to put new sweeps in her.  I removed the ash catcher bracket, installed new H style sweeps and reattached the ash catcher with three stout zip ties.  Nice solid attachment, easy, and doesn't look like crap.  It never gets too hot on that part of the grill for the zip ties. If you look closely at the picture you can see them.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Buy a chimney they said....Its safer, less chemicals they said....Now my kids will find out that I died from eating burned newspaper ink!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
Whaa?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!