Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is this on the tri tip?  (Read 4407 times)

Dan in SC Ca

• Smokey Joe
Re: What is this on the tri tip?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
I'd say time to see what I can microwave in the freezer for plan B

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »
I have been eating tri-tip all my life...and buying frequently it since I began grilling 18-20 years ago. I have wondered the same thing. I always assumed its some sort of nodule/blood clot.

I have only seen one on a handful of tri-tips that I have personally trimmed...ever. I have NEVER seen one on a trimmed tri-tip from the butcher. From the untrimmed ones, I have always cut it out and cooked the meat. However, if I bought it trimmed, I would have returned it and may take it back on my untrimmed ones from now on if I see it again.

That black stuff on the end (post cook pic) however, is something I have never seen. I would have definitely taken that back. What grade of meat are you buying?

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »

I have been eating tri-tip all my life...and buying frequently it since I began grilling 18-20 years ago. I have wondered the same thing. I always assumed its some sort of nodule/blood clot.

I have only seen one on a handful of tri-tips that I have personally trimmed...ever. I have NEVER seen one on a trimmed tri-tip from the butcher. From the untrimmed ones, I have always cut it out and cooked the meat. However, if I bought it trimmed, I would have returned it and may take it back on my untrimmed ones from now on if I see it again.

That black stuff on the end (post cook pic) however, is something I have never seen. I would have definitely taken that back. What grade of meat are you buying?

It was angus grade and bought at either Walmart or Sams club.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ryno5000

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 06:43:41 AM »
It could be an infected lymph node. I wouldn't eat it, that's for sure..lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app