Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vent Codes - A Photographic History  (Read 7265 times)

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
Vent Codes - A Photographic History
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Great minds think alike Jperry, but I have something in the works that may be even better.  ;)

I'm using Photoshop Neo. Not a gifted user, but I get by - always learning.

Brian, how did your print turn out? Wallpaper in the way this weekend.
Nice! I'll just stay tuned!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Vent Codes - A Photographic History
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
Printout.....fucking stunning!  I made two, one 11 x 17 one 13 x 19....Amazing.  I cropped the whole border off and did full bleed....even the people at work thought it was cool....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
Printout.....fucking stunning!  I made two, one 11 x 17 one 13 x 19....Amazing.  I cropped the whole border off and did full bleed....even the people at work thought it was cool....

LOL Brian! You did an awesome job Marty. I printed on the Zerox at work 8x11, but it is wax toner. Turned out, but not photo quality. I am in the printing industry and there is some new high tech sh!t out there. I am turning in a favor to have a poster made. Hopefully the high-res will go beyond the 18 x 24. It will be done on some new equipment that makes posters for displays. I will update once I can get them the file. They already asked if was going to be outdoors, to print in waterproof paper and fade resist ink...

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:56 PM »
You can go bigger than 18x24, but the limiter is the resolution of some of the photos. I used what I had, but had to convert a bunch from 75dpi off the club pages. OK, but I will have my camera with me in June to take some better shots of Jeff's collection, and whatever people bring. I'll keep collecting and will not rest until this is perfect. I'm on a mission!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »
You can go bigger than 18x24, but the limiter is the resolution of some of the photos. I used what I had, but had to convert a bunch from 75dpi off the club pages. OK, but I will have my camera with me in June to take some better shots of Jeff's collection, and whatever people bring. I'll keep collecting and will not rest until this is perfect. I'm on a mission!

I will let you know how it turns out. As larger, looses resolution... This is high end equipment, so I'm hoping they can adjust if needed. Still, I appreciate the the effort and time put into this. Also, nice touch with the WKC logo in the lower right hand corner.

Greg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:16:29 PM by glrasmussen »

NeoTrout

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
I enlarged the file to 30" x 40" and ran a swatch on premium photo paper. There was no significant loss of quality. The exception is the "Wood Dale" vent, at the top row, which got just a little fuzzy. Overall a pretty good print. Once again, GREAT JOB! When enlarged some minor aesthetic issues become more prominent, which you may, or may not, care to address. PM me if you want my input. PLEASE do not take my opinion as criticism. I am a graphic artist by profession and tend to look at things way too close sometimes. All is good.  8)
Steve
"Le Grille? What the hell is that?"

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
Good to know. I am aware of most of the issues you probably saw at 30x40, but this was a quick effort while I wait for better photos. I had to fudge a thing or two to get what I had done. They don't show up too bad at 18X24, but an extreme enlargement will bring them to the surface. I'll send you a PM in any case. Good news is we found ourselves another member of the WKC creative team!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
Thanks to the expert council of our fellow WKC historians, I have come up with something that will aid your rescue operations, impress your friends and convince your spouse that you have truly gone off the deep end. These are all the variations of vents I am aware of so far, in sequential order from oldest to newest. Two versions of the same thing: a pretty one you can use as wallpaper, and a technical one you can keep in the truck for those "accidental" rescues. Armed with this knowledge, you will never get taken by a CL seller trying to convince you his "dad's gill" was made in the 50s, when in fact the vent clearly states that it was "DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED IN PALATINE, IL U.S.A." Keep in mind this is the best information we have to date, so everything is subject to change. It's up to YOU to help us get it right!

The hi-res files can be downloaded on Flickr. The link is below each photo. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32306142@N07/8686861287/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32306142@N07/8688050382/in/photostream/

Craig

• WKC Mod
Vent Codes - A Photographic History
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
Outstanding work Marty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 02:54:00 AM »
Followed up on a revision to the poster, and this one should be the last for a while. Took care of some little things, and swapped out one of the vents that was sort of duplicated. Same size, (18X24 overall) but this one should be able to be printed out bigger if you have the technology. I will be printing a small number for sale, and can ship them via USPS and/or bring /em to the meetup in June. Send me an email (mgierke at mac dot com) or a PM if you want one shipped and we'll work it out.

Marty

Hi-res file here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32306142@N07/8687588732/sizes/o/in/photostream/

NeoTrout

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:18 AM »
Looks great, MartyG. I sent a reply to your PM but cant figure out if it went through. Let me know. Thanks.
Steve

NeoTrout

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
 ::) Sorry don't know how to delete.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:04:30 AM by NeoTrout »
Steve