Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Can We Give Hal His Own Section?  (Read 3590 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Can We Give Hal His Own Section?
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
Maybe in "Off Topic" we could have a sub-section marked "Hi Desert Musings" or some such thing.

All of us nutters are here because we are Kettle crazy but not Hal. I am still not sure why he is here but at this point I am thinking he needs his own place. I could be wrong.....it's happened before.....but from this house that holds 15 or so Kettles INSIDE as ARTWORK I do declare that some of the statements made on this forum by this member are offensive. Shit I take Webers more seriously than some Weber employees do. Bad mouth a member here and I get a little pissy....but badmouth Mother Weber....one of our beloved Kettles....over and over....shit.....

Not all Canadians are all nice and cuddly and shit all the time. I have a very good buddy here who happens to like Hal so I am holding back some.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Can We Give Hal His Own Section?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »
@Shaun - did not realize it was Memorial Day....and did not mean to offend anyone. Hal got to slamming Kettles and has been disrespectful of other members kind of regular. I do not really expect a separate section be made here. I am being a smart ass to make a point.

You used to be The Duke or some name like that....then you left..now you are back with a new handle so I am sure you are aware of how shit gets stirred up. Are you selling off your collection? Are you still buying stuff? Got any ads out?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
Fair enough. I didn't leave, Troy didn't agree with me on an issue and pulled my membership. I still buy and sell, I probably always will. I like people and like helping others with things they can't find in their areas. I always have. Customizing is still my main thing. I have a yellow on CL right now. No bad blood with you Mr. Hoss, your collection is to be respected. PM me anytime.

Still -The Duke

To be clear, it wasn't as simple as me not agreeing with you and me pulling your membership. That's not how it went down. AT. ALL.
I'd prefer not to stir that pot of shit again, but I'm also not going to sit here and let you rewrite history to pin it on me. So cut that shit out, and move on. No one gives a shit about it anyway.

That said - Shaun is right. We migrated because veteran members at another forum were being a bunch of grumpy old men because we were more into weber kettles than they were.

But ya know, Hoss is right too.  Hal's style has caused some interesting wrinkles. He's not really harming anyone, he's just... here.

He's like the people at costco, just grazing along the free samples and making small talk :)
He's not really doing anything wrong... just as long as he doesn't leave his cart out in the middle of the aisle.
Get your sample, get the F out of the way. Ya know?

Just remember - no one is forcing anyone to read anyone's threads... let alone reply to them.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »
Fair enough. I didn't leave, Troy didn't agree with me on an issue and pulled my membership. I still buy and sell, I probably always will. I like people and like helping others with things they can't find in their areas. I always have. Customizing is still my main thing. I have a yellow on CL right now. No bad blood with you Mr. Hoss, your collection is to be respected. PM me anytime.

Still -The Duke

To be clear, it wasn't as simple as me not agreeing with you and me pulling your membership. That's not how it went down. AT. ALL.
I'd prefer not to stir that pot of shit again, but I'm also not going to sit here and let you rewrite history to pin it on me. So cut that shit out, and move on. No one gives a shit about it anyway.

That said - Shaun is right. We migrated because veteran members at another forum were being a bunch of grumpy old men because we were more into weber kettles than they were.

But ya know, Hoss is right too.  Hal's style has caused some interesting wrinkles. He's not really harming anyone, he's just... here.

He's like the people at costco, just grazing along the free samples and making small talk :)
He's not really doing anything wrong... just as long as he doesn't leave his cart out in the middle of the aisle.
Get your sample, get the F out of the way. Ya know?

Just remember - no one is forcing anyone to read anyone's threads... let alone reply to them.
people at Wal-Mart annoying most of the time but they also do some funny shit.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »
Very good points from all sides. I called the man out in another thread for being disrespectful to another member (in my opinion) who was just trying to help.
I actually find Hal funny and interesting and don't mind his being here. I never go to the gas grill section or rarely the off topic, but have found myself doing so lately just to see what Hal's got going on.
But, it's one thing to get your free sample and move on, it's another to get that sample, tell the person handing them out that it taste like shit and then ask for another.
Just my 2 cents.

That is all
Travis 😂

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »
I find Hal an irritating zit. Members here by and large are quite helpful to new members. Hal on the other hand has been nothing but a dick, who has shown no interest in our hobby, and has actually been insulting to us on several occasions. It's great that we are nice and welcoming to people, but I think Hal is either a senile old git who has not a clue, or a young kid in Mommy's basement trolling this site.

This is nothing more than my opinion and I may be wrong.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »
I find Hal an irritating zit. Members here by and large are quite helpful to new members. Hal on the other hand has been nothing but a dick, who has shown no interest in our hobby, and has actually been insulting to us on several occasions. It's great that we are nice and welcoming to people, but I think Hal is either a senile old git who has not a clue, or a young kid in Mommy's basement trolling this site.

This is nothing more than my opinion and I may be wrong.

Don't pull any punches or sugar coat things Darko, tell us how you really feel?

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

I wasn't here for all that, but I think that was an entirely different situation and not an apt example/analogy.  There's some commonality amongst just about all of us.  We like to either grill on Webers  and/or collect Webers.      As someone else said, it's like you joining a Ford Mustang Club forum then proceeding to bash Ford and Mustangs, then to go further and say that you don't give a damn about any car with an internal combustion engine, that instead, you wish everyone road bikes.

But hey, there's an "off topic" section .......

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Can We Give Hal His Own Section?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »
What a cast of characters we have here!  [emoji23][emoji41]

Never a dull moment.  Ive been to forums to find information and such but I come here to see what's going to happen next!  Pretty cool. [emoji3][emoji481]

But make no mistake. I love webers and grilling as if I had to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

I wasn't here for all that, but I think that was an entirely different situation and not an apt example/analogy.  There's some commonality amongst just about all of us.  We like to either grill on Webers  and/or collect Webers.      As someone else said, it's like you joining a Ford Mustang Club forum then proceeding to bash Ford and Mustangs, then to go further and say that you don't give a damn about any car with an internal combustion engine, that instead, you wish everyone road bikes.

Yeah it's not a great analogy. Not exactly apples to apples.
I have no idea why the guy is here.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »

Yeah it's not a great analogy. Not exactly apples to apples.
I have no idea why the guy is here.
why any old guy goes somewhere people conjugate, he's lonely and bored. I for one and never going retire..... unless all I get to do is fish..... then I might retire

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »

I miss Hal … Where has he been ?? … paging @HiDesertHal

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 04:19:10 AM »

I miss Hal … Where has he been ?? … paging @HiDesertHal

I am good with the way things have been
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.