Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis 1000 restore  (Read 2440 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Genesis 1000 restore
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:38:04 PM »
Just finished restoring this Genesis 1000 for a co-worker of my wife. This woman and her husband were in the market for a new gasser, but were shell shocked by the price of new Webers, as well as the (lack of) quality of other brands. My wife offered my services (i.e. - she's getting sick of looking at all my "spare parts" grills).

No "before" pics... the wife has suggested I need to start taking those. She's smarter than I am... [emoji16].  Anyway, here is the Geni just before she was taken to her new "forever" home.

Grill grates are originally from a Summit, and are courtesy of @Peaspurple - I am kind of kicking myself for not keeping them. 😒 Flavorizers are SS from fleaBay seller riversedge.

Sent from my Sega Genesis using the greatest Sega game ever... NHL '93
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:49:41 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Genesis 1000 restore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:47:58 AM »
That's really nice of you and great restore. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »
Nice job, but OMFG, how in the world did you let those grates go ?   Do you think you could sneak over and swap out some other grates ?  Or maybe just fess up and tell them you gave them the wrong ones ?   

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:44:32 PM »
Nice job, but OMFG, how in the world did you let those grates go ?   Do you think you could sneak over and swap out some other grates ?  Or maybe just fess up and tell them you gave them the wrong ones ?

Believe me, it was a last minute call. Final factors were that I'm my wife is trying to clean up my scrap yard, I don't "need" them for myself, and they were purchased for an extremely reasonable price. On top of that, it was going to a couple of folks who are genuinely good people (and they're not just "good people" simply because they paid me quite a bit more than I could've gotten by posting it on CL  ;)
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:37:16 PM »

Believe me, it was a last minute call. Final factors were that I'm my wife is trying to clean up my scrap yard, I don't "need" them for myself, and they were purchased for an extremely reasonable price. On top of that, it was going to a couple of folks who are genuinely good people (and they're not just "good people" simply because they paid me quite a bit more than I could've gotten by posting it on CL  ;) )

All good.  I used to waste money on replacement CI grates for my Genny's right up until I found out that the Summit steel rod grates would fit perfectly.   

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
Nice one @Bob BQ , but I have not seen the flip up Summit grates before. What's the point? Just finishing up a Gennie restore myself. It will go to a BIL for use at his lake house.
Retired

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Genesis 1000 restore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »
Marty, not trying to step on Bobs toes here but they open up to put a smoker box in, now the Summits have the box on the side. The grates are cool and I am glad they went to good use. I have the same problem with scrap parts laying around. Bob, the grill turned out great by the way!!

Nice one @Bob BQ , but I have not seen the flip up Summit grates before. What's the point? Just finishing up a Gennie restore myself. It will go to a BIL for use at his lake house.
A Wonderful Family!!!