Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Breaking in the Mini WSM  (Read 1384 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Breaking in the Mini WSM
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Well, yesterday was my wife's birthday so I thought I would cook for her. I decided to do a whole chicken. I injected it with Tony Chachere's Butter marinade and sprinkled it with Tony's Creole Seasoning. I let it marinade for about 6 hours. I set up the mini WSM, got it up to about 240-250, let the bird cook for about 2 hours, I used some apple chips for some smoke flavor and this thing came out fantastic. Juiciest chicken I've ever had. No dry meat to be found. My daughter was so excited when she saw the chicken just before I pulled it off to take inside. We devoured this thing (it was a 5 lb bird) Sorry no plating pics, I will show some on my next pr0n post.  ;D

Chicken fit perfectly inside the pot. Please excuse my pots chapped lip....  ::)

Roasted some corn on the cob on the black 22.

Daughter very excited to try this! I've been trying to talk to her about becoming a possible XC for me.

Resting and about to be covered in foil. I wanted to pick at this thing and eat it from here.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Breaking in the Mini WSM
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »
Nice looking bird Craig and cute assistant you have there! It's funny, my wifes birthday was Monday. :)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
Terrible looking chicken, best package it up and send it to me ;D  Cute helper :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

wolgast

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
Great post!

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
Mmmm yard bird ;D
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.