Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza third try  (Read 2051 times)

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Kettle Pizza third try
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:27:25 PM »
Following the modified grate to allow adding wood during the cook:

And adding the upper grate with pizza pan AND a pizza stone to hold heat on top of the pizza:

These thin crust pies came out darn near perfect:

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle Pizza third try
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 03:56:37 PM »
So there's a stone in up above....good show....I got one of these when they were on sale, so collecting ideas....thanks!!!

dang near perfect looking pie!!!d
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Kettle Pizza third try
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:49:16 AM »
I think the second stone provide a heat sink that works really well. The cheese quickly turned all bubbly.

The stone is a 12" Cuisinart that I had previously been using before I acquired the KP. It is a little smaller and thinner than the KP stone and fits perfectly in the KP pizza pan.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:51:55 AM by haeffb »

Coler2002

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »
This is the same setup I use. I have the kettle pizza deluxe kit. I have a old grate I cut the back out of and my stainless grate above with a large rectangular pizza stone on top. The top stone is great to radiate heat down on top of the pizza. Having the rear cutout is also key, I had to add small wood chunks 2-3 times during the cooking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Coler2002

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
I've also seen the pizza kettle guys lift the pizza from the stone and hold it up there to help cook the top w/o over cooking the bottom.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »
WOW great job on those pizzas they look amazing. I gotta get me one of those pizza cookers for my grill. I have a camp chef italia artizan pizza attachment for my 3 burner camp chef that that works realy good but there is just something about a wood fired pizza that can't be beat. I can taste those pizzas right now and boy is my mouth watering.