Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza question  (Read 1906 times)

Bross1987

• Smokey Joe
Pizza question
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:40:17 AM »
Hey everyone, tonight I am going to try and make a pizza on my 22 Weber. I have never tried this before and do not have a kettle pizza but I do have a stone. Any recommendations on the best way to set up my grill and how hot should I have the grill? Also should I use lump or briquettes for the cook?
Thanks. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
This was my setup before I got the KP.

Stone set atop four fire bricks on grate - to get the stone up to the level of the bowl rim - makes it easier to get the pizza on/off the grill.

A full chimney of briquettes poured into and between two baskets in a "Pac-Man" shape. Let the grill and stone get up to temp, then add two or three large wood chunks. The lid is cocked slightly for max airflow.

Bross1987

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »
Looks like a good set up. I think I'll set up my grill like this. How hot should the grill be?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:43:14 AM »
As hot as it will get...somewhere over 500 degrees. The temp in my KP goes over 600.

I just realized that I didn't use baskets in the pics above, but another pair of fire bricks to contain the fuel. Either way should work, but banking coals against the side of the grill like that might cause problems for the porcelain.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:07 AM »

Been experimenting weekly. This holds 600 for 2 hours. Stone on top. Kbb. About 2 chimneys. No wood. Lid cracked. My results with coal almost all the way around work best for me. These are 100 year old clay bricks I had laying up against a fence for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Pizza question
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »
Also I use a kettle that I don't worry about damage.

I have a pizzaque and I've also used a buddies kettle pizza. Pain in the ass if you ask me. I prefer no pizza accessory

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:45:56 AM by HoosierKettle »