Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Flatbread style pizza right on the grate  (Read 1396 times)

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
Flatbread style pizza right on the grate
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:55:40 PM »
Having yet to invest in a dedicated pizza stone, or jump all in with a Kettle Pizza, I've been making a lot of pizzas directly on the grill grate.

It's more of a reverse flatbread pizza, than a traditional pie. Today I made the leap to making my own dough for the first time, Bobby Flay's recipe (noticed so many WKC members love this recipe).

Made two pies. One Salami and black olives, the second Clams, bacon and rosemary.

I place the dough on direct heat for 1-2 minutes. Basically once it starts to bubble a bit, I flip it and do the other side for about 30 seconds.

I then move the dough to indirect heat and add the toppings. Close the grill and wait 5-7 minutes for the cheese to melt and the crust to get nice and crunchy.

I was mostly happy with my first home made dough. Pies were, a bit thicker than I'd prefer, but I think that was mostly due to my rushing when stretching out the dough (I was starving!).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Flatbread style pizza right on the grate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:35:03 AM »
Dang! Those pizzas look good man! Nic crust. 
Pizza is still something Ive yet to try on the grill. This looks like a perfect way to go.
Hello and welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 06:01:02 AM »
Gota try this.  Looks good!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:57:49 AM »
Welcome! Nice first post. They look great!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:11:18 PM »
That is a very cool first post. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.