Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicago meet up 2017 Master Thread  (Read 29251 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicago meet up 2017 Master Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
If it's in July next year then I'm telling the wife my birthday present is a road trip to Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »
What an amazing day today.  So much passion and camaraderie flowing through the crowd. 

It was incredibly refreshing and inspiring to see so much energy coming together at this scale.

HUGE thanks to all who planned and organized this EPIC event.  It was the 5th anniversary meetup and you all made it amazing.

Zavod44 - dude.  You are a saint,  and your wife is an angel. You go way above and beyond. The special handles,  the special logo,  the banners,  the grills, the hauling.  You are teh man. Thank you for committing so many full freaking days/weeks to this.

Craig - your commitment is incredible.  Not just driving from Nebraska with a vehicle full of grills either. Pre meetup setup, post meetup teardown, coordinating,  organizing,  You are a pro and the event wouldn't have been as great without your presence, let alone all the work you put into it.

Lightningboldtz - you really pull it all together man. Your energy and coordinating took this day to a whole new level.  You commit so much,  on so many levels. You nail all the details that make it all extra special. The prize donations,  the setup, the leadership.
I love that your whole family gets involved.  Thanks to you,  as well as Rose and family.

Jeff k, your life is hectic right now,  yet you still managed to bring a huge load of collectibles and set up a beautiful display.  You and Jean are magical.  Thank you for everything you both do.

all you that cooked and brought food, thank you so much for feeding the crowd. Everything was excellent.
I can't name everyone because my memory is shit :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:22:25 PM by Troy »

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:39 PM »

Wish I was there.... Have fun [emoji482]

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I LOVE seeing that grill in action, I wish you could have come Matt. maybe next year.
Did some wings. Sorry pic is sideways.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:23:09 PM by mattlillis73 »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2017, 04:58:08 AM »
What an amazing day today.  So much passion and camaraderie flowing through the crowd. 

It was incredibly refreshing and inspiring to see so much energy coming together at this scale.

HUGE thanks to all who planned and organized this EPIC event.  It was the 5th anniversary meetup and you all made it amazing.

Zavod44 - dude.  You are a saint,  and your wife is an angel. You go way above and beyond. The special handles,  the special logo,  the banners,  the grills, the hauling.  You are teh man. Thank you for committing so many full freaking days/weeks to this.

Craig - your commitment is incredible.  Not just driving from Nebraska with a vehicle full of grills either. Pre meetup setup, post meetup teardown, coordinating,  organizing,  You are a pro and the event wouldn't have been as great without your presence, let alone all the work you put into it.

Lightningboldtz - you really pull it all together man. Your energy and coordinating took this day to a whole new level.  You commit so much,  on so many levels. You nail all the details that make it all extra special. The prize donations,  the setup, the leadership.
I love that your whole family gets involved.  Thanks to you,  as well as Rose and family.

Jeff k, your life is hectic right now,  yet you still managed to bring a huge load of collectibles and set up a beautiful display.  You and Jean are magical.  Thank you for everything you both do.

all you that cooked and brought food, thank you so much for feeding the crowd. Everything was excellent.
I can't name everyone because my memory is shit :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks Troy for working with Brian to coordinate the special handles and stickers.  Flying out from Cali is over the top man, I can't wait to see more of the video taken.

Anyone within an 8 hours drive of this event should go, it is a good time, this is my 3rd year in a row and starting to be a yearly must.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »
Thanks to Brian @zavod44 for opening his house again. Great host. 100 beautiful kettles filled up his yard this year. AWESOME.  To all the statesmen, a huge THANK YOU for making this a GREAT yearly event. To everyone who showed up, WOW...thanks for the fantastic food and camaraderie. To everyone who hasn't made one of these meetups... You NEED to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Chicago meet up 2017 Master Thread
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »
Sounds like a great time had by all. Looks like an incredible amount of cool kettles and great food. I'll make it next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
Made it home...

...with a few new items.

Thanks to Brian, Troy, Craig, Jeff, and everyone else who showed up! Had a blast, for sure... and looking forward to next year!

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »
Wow nice haul!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2017, 08:16:13 AM »
@harris92 your finger prints are all over this day, even though you are not present, your old Green MBH made a showing at the bottom of this pic.

How can we get you to make the trip next year?
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
@harris92 How can we get you to make the trip next year?

I was just wondering the same thing.........
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
I made a last minute decision to attend the gathering and drop off a grill and I'm glad I did.  The people were great and the display of grills was fantastic.
Thanks to all who set this up and to the chefs who cooked.  The ribs were excellent.  I'd like to especially thank Brian, @zavod44 who hosted this again.
I can appreciate all the hard work he put in behind the scenes to host a huge party with a lot of setup beforehand and tear-down afterward.  Also, thanks for the Handle! See you next year!
22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »
I made a last minute decision to attend the gathering and drop off a grill and I'm glad I did.  The people were great and the display of grills was fantastic.
Thanks to all who set this up and to the chefs who cooked.  The ribs were excellent.  I'd like to especially thank Brian, @zavod44 who hosted this again.
I can appreciate all the hard work he put in behind the scenes to host a huge party with a lot of setup beforehand and tear-down afterward.  Also, thanks for the Handle! See you next year!

Glen, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk too much.  I was preoccupied with alot of stuff at the time.  Glad to were there, hope to see you next year.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
It looks like it was a beautiful day for the get together. Hopefully I will make it to the next one.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »
@LightningBoldtz   You sure do have that kettle looking nice!  Kid stuff kept me in town last weekend (happy campers returning home after two weeks).  I hope to make it up there next year.

@harris92 your finger prints are all over this day, even though you are not present, your old Green MBH made a showing at the bottom of this pic.

How can we get you to make the trip next year?

Craig

• WKC Mod
Chicago meet up 2017 Master Thread
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »
It was a great time!! Lots of fun, just at 100 kettles. Harris92 we need some help breaking that kettle record next year. It was great seeing and meeting new faces and seeing familiar faces again. Thanks again to Zavod44 for hosting again and to lightningboldtz for coordinating the prizes, Troy for getting some great footage, thanks to everyone that cooked (the food was to die for)!! Amazing! And thanks to all that brought some SWEET GRILLS to set up for display or to cook on. This is the highlight of my summer for sure. Can't wait until next year!

Now for the pics.

Brian in action.....

Comparing a 78 Green to a 99 Green

HOLY GRAIL: 1960s Glen Blue aka The Imperial
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:59:45 PM by Craig »