Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Gold  (Read 1493 times)

Joetee

• WKC Brave
Genesis Gold
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:18:11 AM »
Ok gasers, my genesis gold, about 13 or 14 yrs old caught on fire at the manifold and burnt the back 2 knobs up into puddles of gue.

Is it salvageable? Parts from where?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Genesis Gold
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
It is salvageable but I would like to know why it caught fire.

If working on these is not your thing, it might be a better idea to look for something else on CL or go new with a brand new Genesis

BTW who took the baseball bat to the lid?  Hope it was not you......  :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:39:06 AM »
No my mom bought this for me. She got a discount because of the dent. LOL

The cross over burner I think it's called rusted away and the the burner tubes started rusting. I think the burner tube fell out of the end of the manifold and that's where the fire was. Directly under the knobs.

So I ordered a kettle from Amazon in time for Easter family get together.

Then I found this app and thought I might try to put her all back together for no real reason since I really like the charcoal kettle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
You will need to get a new set of burners and some extra knobs.  You might also in the future pull that thing apart and clean it out.  I think a little standard maintenance and upkeep will go a long way.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
You can fix it with the help of people here and parts from Weber, as stated when you are fixing it clean it . You have a great grill that with some basic care should go for another dozen years or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »
If you're willing to spend about $100 on it you'll be in great shape depending on what you need

A new set of burners probably some flavorizer bars some knobs and new grates ( grates will push you over the $100 mark)

Don't buy knockoffs buy Weber burners and either their stainless components or rcplanebuyer on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground