Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Easy picture posting tutorial for beginners.  (Read 4676 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Easy picture posting tutorial for beginners.
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Still getting requested for help in posting pics.... so I just put together what I already had to make it even more easier to understand for new members wanting to post pics here in WKC forum.

First you need to understand that a pic from your pc or phone ---> need to be uploaded to a picture hosting site ----> then you need to use BBCode address provided from the hosting site pic to link it to your post.

1 Create an account here:  pics.weberkettleclub.com image hosting site. Once your account is set up, you should be able to sign in.

2. Now to load a pic to the image hosting site from your computer stored pic. Once you are signed in....

click on " start uploading" or the small icon where I have the cursor to start.

You should get this.  Click on "take a picture" where I have the cursor.

You should get something like this in your computer where you can pick the pic you want to load.  I click once on the pic I want to highlight and click open at the bot. right where I have the cursor.

You will get this.  Here is where you can resize the pic if the size is too large.  Click on UPLOAD.

Your pic is now loaded to the image hosting site. Scroll down on the same page and should look like this.  See how "About" is highlighted-underlined. Click on "Embeded Codes"

Copy "BBCode" link as shown. It is the 6th link shown. Put a cursor over to the right and Copy shows up. Click on Copy.  You just copied the pic BBCode address required  and ready to paste it into your post in this forum.

3. From your post, to paste your copied BBCode link - Ctrl+V or right click on the mouse and clicking paste. This is how it looks

This is how it looks after you click on Preview button at the bottom right. Your pic now shows up at the top. Click Save if you are ready to post.

Now, you have just linked your pic just uploaded to the image hosting site to your new thread/post/reply. Have fun posting pics of your kettles.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:40:13 AM by greenweb »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Easy picture posting tutorial for beginners.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
Thanks @greenweb. It always helps to have pictures. We should sticky this somewhere for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
Thanks GreenWeb
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:14:58 PM »
NP! Even today, had few new members having hard time posting pics. So, I said why not. I had most of the stuff for Hal anyways.  Where are your pics???

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »
Nice write up.  There is one thing I would change.  Well, kind of a couple of related.     After clicking on "Embed Codes", instead of selecting "Image URL", skip further down to the first instance of BBCode, the 6th line down.  Still go to the right and select "Copy"

Next, when you want to photo in your reply, just right click and paste (or for those who know keyboard shortcuts, Ctrl+V).

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »
Nice write up.  There is one thing I would change.  Well, kind of a couple of related.     After clicking on "Embed Codes", instead of selecting "Image URL", skip further down to the first instance of BBCode, the 6th line down.  Still go to the right and select "Copy"

Next, when you want to photo in your reply, just right click and paste (or for those who know keyboard shortcuts, Ctrl+V).

I have made changes per your suggestions. Thank you!  Much better.

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »

demosthenes9 and greenweb:

I have over 100 pics in the gallery on the WKC Pics site.  (Very few are of grills and grilling.)

They were easy to transfer from my PC picture gallery.   

Would the WKC picture gallery be considered a "hosting site" for transferring those pics to the Main Forum? 

HiDesertHal
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:04:29 AM by HiDesertHal »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:05:29 AM »
I have over 100 pics in the gallery on the WKC Pics site.  (Very few are of grills and grilling.)

Hi Hal,

The pics.weberkettleclub.com site was setup to host our club members pictures for use here on the WKC forum. It is not a site to host other random personal images as they only add irrelevant content to the image gallery. If none of your pictures are grilling or kettle related you should try one of the many public image hosting sites available online such as www.photobucket.com
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
Hey SixZeroFour,

What about the Off-Topic Forum?

I have nearly 100 non-grilling-related pictures on the WKC Pics site from which I can select an appropriate picture to be transferred to my selected topic in the Off-Topic section of the Main Forum!

Since the WKC Forum maintains an Off-Topic section, then why can't non-grilling topics be supported with pictures appropriate to the topic?

This would add support to my non-grilling interests, such as Cars, Dogs, Science Projects, Guns, Motorcycles, Airplanes, Trains, Musical Instruments, etc.

If such pictures cannot be allowed by the WKC, then I no longer want to be a part of it, and if you're a Moderator or the Administrator, then you can kindly lock me out, with no hard feelings on my part.

Thank You...
HiDesertHal 

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:11:04 PM by HiDesertHal »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 04:08:20 PM »
Hey SixZeroFour,

I have nearly 100 non-grilling-related pictures on the WKC Pics site from which I can select appropriate pictures to be transferred to my selected topics in the Off-Topic section of the Main Forum!

Since the WKC Forum maintains an Off-Topic section, then why can't non-grilling topics be supported with pictures appropriate to the topic?

This would add support to my non-grilling interests, such as Cars, Dogs, Science Projects, Guns, Motorcycles, Airplanes, Trains, Musical Instruments, etc.

If such pictures cannot be allowed by the WKC, then I don't want to be a part of it, and if you're a Moderator or the Administrator, then you can kindly lock me out!

HiDesertHal

Hal, I'm the admin.
WKC is a small community of weber kettle collectors and enthusiasts.
It's run by volunteers, people with families, jobs, lives.
I'm the one the pays the bills, and I personally don't give a shit what kind of pictures you upload to our FREE IMAGE HOSTING - just as long as you don't abuse it.

But to 604's point, a lot of people have spent a lot of time holding your hand in an effort to help you share your pictures - likely expecting to see some pictures of old grills.
(you know, because we're a community of people who talk about old grills)

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »

Well Troy, thanks for the response. 

I really have no interest in grilling...I just look on it as a chore rather than a joy...just something better than a George Foreman cooker, as necessary to produce a nicely-grilled steak, with no adventurous attachments beyond that. 

I collect guns, musical instruments, lightning machines, scale models, etc. and look on collecting cooking kettles as I would look on collecting junk!

I have ONE barbecue grill, and could never see any reason for another one, and the reason I joined WKC was just to get  information on which grill to buy, and I thank those members who steered me right!

I started with a Kettle, but after using it twice, decided that charcoal was not for me, so I gave it away and bought the Weber Q1200 grill, which I still haven't used in almost 3 weeks.

Goodbye,
Hal Pollner, HiDesertHal
(Oh yeah...I used to live in Anaheim, and thanks for holding my hand, sweetheart!)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:40:40 PM by HiDesertHal »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:15:15 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 05:25:04 AM »
Hey SixZeroFour,

I have nearly 100 non-grilling-related pictures on the WKC Pics site from which I can select appropriate pictures to be transferred to my selected topics in the Off-Topic section of the Main Forum!

If such pictures cannot be allowed by the WKC, then I don't want to be a part of it, and if you're a Moderator or the Administrator, then you can kindly lock me out!

HiDesertHal

Hal, I'm the admin.
WKC is a small community of weber kettle collectors and enthusiasts.
It's run by volunteers, people with families, jobs, lives.
I'm the one the pays the bills, and I personally don't give a shit what kind of pictures you upload to our FREE IMAGE HOSTING - just as long as you don't abuse it.

But to 604's point, a lot of people have spent a lot of time holding your hand in an effort to help you share your pictures - likely expecting to see some pictures of old grills.
(you know, because we're a community of people who talk about old grills)
What @Troy said !!! I don't think we thank all you guys enough for what you do for the Kettle club THANKS!!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 05:05:19 AM »
Bye again Hal!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk