Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First charcoal snake cook....  (Read 2667 times)

racedvl

• WKC Brave
Re: First charcoal snake cook....
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 07:16:14 AM »
I will say that neatly stacking them does make it easier to not have the coals touch the drip pan,  if you are using one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Malcopop

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »
Looking good. I did my first snake a few weeks ago and somehow, I didnt exepct it to work - maybe not having had the results I expected from the Minion method in a WSM, I expected more problems with the Kettle, but it worked a treat. I only did a fatty on a relatively short cook but I am tempted to a full pork shoulder ( we dont call them 'butts' here in the UK (far too refined, don't you know :-| ) on a snake in the WSM. I',m thinking I will need more than a 2x2 snake , as the heat source is much further away in a WSM , and it has a pan full of water to heat as well.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »
@Malcopop Something seems a-mis.  I've had excellent success using the modified Minion method on my 18" WSM.  It will hold temps just fine and cook forever [emoji6]  Here is what I do;  pour the ring full to the top from my bag of charcoal (KBB), take twenty out of the center, add 10-20 more to your starter and get them started. While the starters are getting hot, place your wood chunks on & in your unlit.  When your 30-40 are ready, put them in the crater you made in the center of the charcoal ring. Monitor the temps and shut down the vents early. This should burn at 225-235 for over 10 hrs.  Give it a try!!!

SJ

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".