Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wind speed  (Read 3700 times)

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wind speed
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 06:11:53 AM »
Here in Desert Center CA we have winds in the afternoon that are 15 mph or higher a lot. I actually built my gadial ganning to block the prevailing wind so I could grill more often

15 mph is considered fairly calm in Kansas...20-30 is the norm...30-40 is not unusual...

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »
Exactly. I can't see getting anything other then a weber with the ash catcher instead of the ash pan in my area because the winds can pick up during the day. Just bought my first weber, the Master-Touch on Friday and saw a bunch of lit coals dropping into the ash catcher during my first cooks. Would love to pick up some older colorful Webers but they only have the ash pan. Is there a mod to change them to use an ash catcher without too much trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 09:07:38 AM »
If they have the one touch system it's pretty easy to change over. If they have the 3 wheels, probably not.

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »
I put an ash catcher on my 18 inch, t was a matter of ordering it and snapping it on, best 18 clams I ever spent upgrading a weber. If the notches are not in the leg sockets you can just straiten the ends of the clips and use hose clamps.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 11:29:38 AM »

I put an ash catcher on my 18 inch, t was a matter of ordering it and snapping it on, best 18 clams I ever spent upgrading a weber. If the notches are not in the leg sockets you can just straiten the ends of the clips and use hose clamps.

Did you have the one touch system?

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »
I have a (I think 99') red OTS, with no notches.
Still need a 22” yellow

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »

If you have a  new style one touch system the ash catcher bucket fits right on, it is less than a 5 minute mod from walking out the door to the grill and having it on. the slots that it fits in are already on the grill
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »

If you have a  new style one touch system the ash catcher bucket fits right on, it is less than a 5 minute mod from walking out the door to the grill and having it on. the slots that it fits in are already on the grill

Not all of them...
Still need a 22” yellow

Snowbeast

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 03:15:18 AM »
I just pull my weber around the house. Find a spot with no wind.
I only cancel if it's windy and rainy.