Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: weber utensil over view  (Read 1668 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
weber utensil over view
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »
got me some new weber "original" utensils. got my dad a set of weber "basics" and I also got the hamburger kit that came with a weber "essentials" spatuala. so I decided to take some pictures and compare the 3.
at first look of the packages besides the essentials one that came solo they look good

the spatulas all are the same thickness in the aluminum. the handle on the basic feels good in your hand but the opening in the back of the handle is a little awkward cuz your finger tips rest right on it. and the bend is practically flat. the essentials one has a very large bend with solid hard plastic handle really nice feel in your hand but I can see the plastic becoming slippery when wet.

the originals one has a rubber wrapped handle that's thick and feels nice. the rubber though, is just rubber feels like it's a rubber sleeve glued on. the tip that has the weber logo is just a plastic peice that snaps together. it's also the shortest of the 3.

now on to the tongs

the tongs are very similar in style. I prefern the shape of the weber originals grippers. but I like the length of the basics.

here's the originals downside, the rubber on the handles is pressed in and flimsy around the edges.

over all, I like the basics. they are longer, have the right feel and the price is right. 2nd place is the essentials and 3rd is the originals.

hope this helped anyone looking to get a new set or weber utensils [emoji482]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:44:40 PM by LiquidOcelot »

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: weber utensil over view
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »
LiquidO;  Thanks for the very helpful review of tools that every member needs.  Certain to save me some money.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:49:18 AM »
Thanks for the review. Its interesting that the "basics" are slightly better then the "originals". Common sense would say that based on price it should be the other way around.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:13:16 AM »
Thanks for the review. Its interesting that the "basics" are slightly better then the "originals". Common sense would say that based on price it should be the other way around.
exactly why I bought them. but after holding them I was kinda disapointed. looking at pictures of the styles model the look like a mix between the two. in the picture it looks like the rubber insert is also pressed in. I may tape off and plasti dip the handles of the basics.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »
Nice review with good pics. They are stainless steel not aluminum. Also, not sure if this would be a fair comparison as Weber offers longer sets in the Original.  One you have is shorter version at 17.25" length vs 19.75" on other 2 pc set original vs 3 pc set original at 20.25". I have the 3 pc set which are much longer and look much nicer than the basic set.

Check out diff. sets here: http://www.homedepot.com/s/weber%2520tool%2520set?NCNI-5
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:46:26 AM by greenweb »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »
Nice review with good pics. They are stainless steel not aluminum. Also, not sure if this would be a fair comparison as Weber offers longer sets in the Original.  One you have is shorter version at 17.25" length vs 19.75" on other 2 pc set original vs 3 pc set original at 20.25". I have the 3 pc set which are much longer and look much nicer than the basic set.

Check out diff. sets here: http://www.homedepot.com/s/weber%2520tool%2520set?NCNI-5
good info had no idea they had 2 different sizes !! and I donno why I kept saying aluminum lol probably cuz everything that color in my line of work is cast aluminum.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 04:26:43 PM »
Neat review. Can you also post the prices you got them for?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
Neat review. Can you also post the prices you got them for?
got the originals on Amazon for 19.99 found the basics set at Wal-Mart on sale for 4.50 and the essentials spatula came in the weber essentials burger kit, 9.99 off Amazon