Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: costco $5 off double pa ks of kcomp  (Read 944 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
costco $5 off double pa ks of kcomp
« on: April 03, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
time to stock up..sale ends mid april

been using these in the wsm and def notice diff in cook results
Grills

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
Re: costco $5 off double pa ks of kcomp
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
I saw it on sale when I was in there last week. How does Kingsford Comp compare to Stubbs?

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »
i havent used stubbs in my wsm..but tried kcomp fir the first time smoking jerky treats for my puppy.
i will say that i was extremely surprised at how well i could control temps, long burn time and unlike kblue the final results of the jerky smoke session was a completelt even browning and drying of the jerky throughout all 3 racks and all sides..which was a stark comparison to kblue.

wsm with kblue always gave me extreme uneven cooking throughout my wsm.

its probably a result of the kcomp burning more evenly given lack of fillers like kblue has which may not show on your temp gauge but will cook gmfood unevenly in the chamber

kcomp also took MUCH longer to light the chimney ...at least 2x as long as kblue..which tells me you are getting double the burn time if kblue...estimate...

also the chimney was much fuller when lit that a full chimney of kblue.

imo kcomp with costco discount is a much better buy than kblue even at the kblue sale price...i wont be going back.l to kblue for cooks.

though will keep kblue stock for bottom of the chimney only to use as starter fuel and when i do a full high heat burn to self clean grill and grates.which i do a few times a year

more fuel in a briq..burns cleaner better temp control and cooks food better and a shtload less ash

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:47:57 PM by toolhead »
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:44:42 PM »
i did uae kcomp when i used my cb rotiaserie ring for pork tenderloin this weekend and the ens product was phenomenal.

ill try stubbs on my wsm next smike session.

i can say that compared to stubbs the kcomp pumps less smoke than stubbs.

i just started using stubbs and the smoke that came from the chimney filled my backyard...
Grills

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
costco $5 off double pa ks of kcomp
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »
We just got a Costco last year and they were selling comp at same price as sams. I was using it but then they quit carrying it ALL winter. At least sams stocks kbb charcoal year round. I did like it and will check out if it's on sale at my Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »
costco only stocks charcoal spring through summer...if you buy throughout the season..you can easily have enough stock to carry you through off season.
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
btw that coupon should be running us wide at costco warehouses
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »
lump charcoal is getting relegated for steaks only...like other im bored with losing a third of the bag due to tiny chips and dust and the fast burn rate...

ill use up my current stock of lump  for steaks for the slightly higher temp then stocking up on kcomp for primary fuel for kettles and wsm cooks

Grills