Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilled Portobello mushrooms  (Read 1699 times)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Grilled Portobello mushrooms
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
Grilled Portobello mushrooms with asparagus and zucchini.

(I'm going to pull a 'Jeff' and post w/out pix.  ;D )

Portobello's on sale. :D I went to a recipe I've made before from Steve Raichlen http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=184&EpisodeID=20. I followed the recipe pretty much step for step except for sticking pieces of rolled up basil in the mushroom. I don't think that's possible. And besides, I'm sure there was enough basil in the pesto to do the job. Oh, and I did not see Taleggio cheese at the store so I used Fontina.

I did the usual with the zucchini - splitting it lengthwise into quarters, brushing with EVOO and a little S&P. I skewered the asparagus into a raft and it got the EVOO and S&P before going on the grill. These went on my favorite CI grate on the SS Performer and were grilled direct over a bed of coals. The burgers were served on toasted whole grain ciabatta rolls.

Needless to say, they came out terrific! Too bad I didn't get a picture. You'll have to trust me on this.  ;D

I'm normally a confirmed meatetarian, but when the veggies (and fungus) taste this good, I don't even miss the meat.
kettles, smokers...