Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What are you guys paying for a MBH Redhead?  (Read 1241 times)

UserGone

• WKC Brave
What are you guys paying for a MBH Redhead?
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:35:29 AM »
 I was watching the pat. Pending Avocado that sold on eBay and it went for $350.  Wow, I had no idea some of these kettles go for that much. I'm new to Weber kettles and I'm searching for mid 70's Redhead MBH in great condition to collect.
   I'm curious to find out how much one of these fine examples will set me back. I've seen some very nice restorations here with SS grate upgrades and new lid wooden handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
Re: What are you guys paying for a MBH Redhead?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:38:40 AM »
Some people pay as little as $20 and the top end is endless. All depends on how bad somebody wants something really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
What are you guys paying for a MBH Redhead?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:54:51 AM »
I got really lucky and found one on let go for $45. It's the only mbh I've seen for sale in my area in 6 months. Im very glad to have it. I was also searching Craigslist, letgo, and OfferUp. The color changing is the best part.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:06:32 AM by HoosierKettle »

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »
What's a crazy high number some of you have invested in just one kettle? 
  Would spending upwards of $400 be considered ridiculous? Cost plus driving to pick it up and new upgraded restored or NOS replacement parts.

This one that member Cellar2ful has is in amazing condition after he was done with the restoration.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:44:16 AM »
  Would spending upwards of $400 be considered ridiculous? Cost plus driving to pick it up and new upgraded restored or NOS replacement parts.

This one that member Cellar2ful has is in amazing condition after he was done with the restoration.

Several kettles have sold on the public market for over $400 but they are more rare than a redhead MBH.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
$400+ for my '56/'57 Custom 18".

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:55 AM »

It is relative to what someone is comfortable spending and where you live.  For someone living in Chicago or the San Francisco Bay Area, resale Webers are plentiful.  Most of my collection were all sourced through estate sales, CL, LetGo and Offer Up.  A couple I have purchased from local WKC members. The only new parts on this redhead are new wheels. Everything else is what it was born with. I just followed the WKC restoration guides. Total investment including purchase price and new wheels is $45.

Most members will probably not want to boast about the most they have spent for a kettle. It is easier to boast about how little you pay for one. Last year on eBay I watched a Meat Cutter kettle sell for $800 and a Glenn Blue sell for $1500. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
$80 + shipping for my 1969 or 70 18" Red MBH
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »
I NEVER see old kettles around my area for sale. Sure, I can go to CL or ebay or whatever... just never anything available local. I hate shipping...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.