Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First time with my new Kettle Pizza  (Read 2010 times)

Rookie Kettler

• Happy Cooker
First time with my new Kettle Pizza
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
My great friend Hoosier Kettle has sparked my grilling spirit!! I had gotten lazy and just been using my gas grill for years! So after he brought his pizza que over and we made pizza I had to purchase the Pizza Kettle. Hoosier Kettle came over for the maiden voyage! Here are some pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: First time with my new Kettle Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Nice looking pies. 🍕😋
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
It was a great time. I made a Hawaii pizza but wasn't very round. Tasted good and it's always fun.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:14:04 AM »
Looks great!!  And as for me and my pizzas, Thank god not being round doesn't ruin the taste!...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »

Looks great!!  And as for me and my pizzas, Thank god not being round doesn't ruin the taste!...LOL

We have made pizza together 3 times. His wife is the master at making the pizzas round. We help add the toppings and cook them. We have had nothing but pizza success so far. It makes a big difference having a team working on pizzas. I've only made pizzas once on my own and while they were decent, they weren't as good as when everyone pitches in.

Also, we used lump coal last night for the second time and twice with kbb. Personally I like straight lump as opposed to charcoal. Fully loaded it will hold pizza cooking temps for an hour - hour and a half. It also seems hotter during that time than kbb and we aren't burning through the smoke wood.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »
Looks great fellas. I bet that was a hell of a good time. Hello and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk