Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizzas.....for George! (pics have been added)  (Read 2696 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Pizzas.....for George! (pics have been added)
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
My Pizza cook for George on the 26th.

I made another round of pizzas last night. Made two batches of Bobby Flay pizza dough and got 4 pizzas per batch. Usually I do 3 per batch. Dividing it into 4 worked perfect. It made slightly thinner pizzas that were way 1/4" smaller than when I divide the dough into 3. I did a 1.5 hour rise. Prepped a bunch of toppings while the dough was rising. I had some real deal mozzarella so I made a true Margherita pizza for the first one into the grill. The rest was a mixture of red and white pizzas that everyone topped themselves. I love putting the toppings on a big piece of foil. There is usually a little of everything leftover but too little of too many things to keep so the foil and the leftover veggies get balled up and thrown away. It make cleanup very easy.
Grill was really hot last night. I started with my typical one full lit chimney of KBB then added a little more unlit and let that get going. Assembled the kettle pizza and let my stone heat up for 15-20 minutes. Added some oak and mesquite chunks and started cooking. The Thermo on my kettle pizza was pegged most of the cook and my lid Thermo was over 700 most of the time. Took a pic of the grill with a red flower pot last night to give some perspective on the color change. I just went out and took another so you can compare. Looks like some of the rubber in my Ove glove melted into the lid...will scrape that off later today.

And within an hour the kitchen was back to normal!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:07:45 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizzas.....for George! (pics have been added)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »
Nice looking pies Mike!  My kitchen always turns into a battle ground every time I make pizzas.  Now I try to prep alot of it the day before.  That makes pizza cooking day alot easier and more enjoyable.  Nice pics!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
Wow Mikes looks incredible, I so want to eat pizzas at your house!
I keep going back and trying to decide which one I'd eat first
Ughhh, I can't wait to try pizzas!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 01:51:33 AM »
Wow! You must absolutely love pizza,  but who doesn't! Great cook!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 05:17:17 AM »
Oh boy! That all looks  friggen awesome!  Can't wait to try my own pizza.

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Great looking pies, Mike.   I love hearing about (seeing) your pizza nights!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »
Great looking pizzas...
I'm amazed that you put pizza that good in a box   ???

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed what kind of flour and yeast are you using?  I also do the Bobby Flay into quarters but I don't get that much rise on the crust.  They look great!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed what kind of flour and yeast are you using?  I also do the Bobby Flay into quarters but I don't get that much rise on the crust.  They look great!

I use King Arthur unbleached bread flour and whatever instant yeast packets are on sale.  I do add the yeast to the warm water, give it a stir with a chopstick (someone at some point told be it's better to stir yeast with wood) then let it sit for a few minutes before I add it to the mixing bowl.  I think this helps jump start the yeast.  Once my dough balls have risen, I dump them directly onto my working surface instead of trying to dig it out by hand.  It seems to help keep as much air in the crust as possible as well as help make it easier to make a round pizza.  I turn my oven on at the lowest setting for a minute or two when I am making my dough then turn it back off....just enough to give the oven a slight warmth to aid in the dough rise.  I let the dough rise for at least 1.5 hours.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 10:12:15 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed Thanks!  I read in your other post that you split your dough immediately after mixing, and you let the mixer go a little longer, so I'm going to try both of those. 

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »
Killer pies Mike!

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
WOW! Awesome set up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A Wonderful Family!!!