Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First homemade pizza  (Read 3661 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First homemade pizza
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »
I've used the pizzaque once before and used pre-made pizzas to get a sense for how it cooked.

Tonight I made dough using the Bobby flay recipe. I kept it extremely simple for my first time from scratch. Made 3 pizzas all the same. Prego sauce, pizza seasoning, mozzarella, and pepperoni. It doesn't get any simpler. I was scared to death that I wouldn't be able to slide the pizza from peel to stone but it was simple. I put a little flour and corn meal on the peel and slid right off. Pizza tasted great and all in all I was surprised how easy it was.  Cooking pretzels previously helped a bunch I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: First homemade pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »
Wow, looks great!
Congratulations on
Making your own dough, looks like you nailed it

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »
Hell yes! Awesome job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
Great job!  Man I'm hungry.  Gota make pizza again.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
good work @HoosierKettle .  you are likely to crave pizza more and more, with each cook.  it is like kettle crack.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 12:40:06 AM »
Hell yeah!!!!!!  Welcome to the pizza addiction!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 07:00:03 AM »
Thanks fellas, it's a blast making and cooking pizzas.

Does anyone know what these pieces are that came with pizzaque?  I looked in the instructions before I threw them away and didn't see any use or description for these.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
Not sure but it looks like it might be some kind of spacer for the lid or the stone? Or a way to clean grill grates. Both are probably wrong but just using my imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:18:32 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 07:17:28 AM »

@HoosierKettle - Tabs for user with 18.5" grills.

http://www.pizzaque.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pizza-kit-manual.pdf

Thanks, I see it now. I must have skipped over the 18" part of the manual.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 07:36:42 AM »
Thinking about it, I think making pizzas is so much fun because it is action packed. Between making pizzas, cooking them, watching them cook, cutting them, eating them there is never a dull moment.

I will be making meatless pizza tonight.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
Hell Hoosier, just now catching your post. Seems tapatalk notifications are a little off right now. Oh well... Hey man, looks great! Have yet to try a pizza. I bet hat would be some real fun. Keep it up!

pschiller86

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »
I really like my PizzaQue, thought about getting the KettlePizza just because it seems like it's the "gold standard" in pizza making but I make great pizzas with the pizzaque and very happy with the quality of it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »

I really like my PizzaQue, thought about getting the KettlePizza just because it seems like it's the "gold standard" in pizza making but I make great pizzas with the pizzaque and very happy with the quality of it.

Kettle pizza wins hands down on the coolness factor.

Thanks @Travis I wondered what happened.  [emoji16]

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
@HoosierKettle  @pschiller86  -  Pizza Que might win in the long run since there aren't a ton of add ons at $100 a pop you would get if you have a Kettle Pizza!!!!  LOL