Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Recipe Section  (Read 4227 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Recipe Section
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 02:09:51 AM »
I see your point Joe but it also depends on how the members are reading the forums. I've been strictly using the Tapatalk app for the last few months and I leave it on the unread section. I saw your post on the meetup without having to go look for it. The recipe section could work if it were maintained but it does seem like a lot of maintenance to keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 08:10:31 AM »
I still like my idea of putting "RECIPEINCLUDED" at the end of the subject line.  This is something the admins/Mods could add to posts that include recipes if the original poster had enough details but didn't add the tag to the subject line.  RECIPEINCLUDED is a good tag at the end of the subject line since it is two words put together that would never occur unless someone had a typo in a post.  It makes it easy to search....Just go to search right now and search for RECIPEINCLUDED and you will find my pork chop recipe really quick.  And once people start doing this more you will be able to search by meat type or side dish name along with RECIPEINCLUDED to narrow your search. 
  Ie:  Pork Chop recipeincluded or Burger recipeincluded, etc..

I think there is already too many people posting cooks in the Grilling and BBQ section instead of the Cooks, Pics and Recipes section, and adding new sections is just going to confuse things.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/stuffed-pork-chops-recipeincluded/
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »

I think there is already too many people posting cooks in the Grilling and BBQ section instead of the Cooks, Pics and Recipes section, and adding new sections is just going to confuse things.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/stuffed-pork-chops-recipeincluded/

That's the challenge I've always struggled with as well. I would rather combine those two sections than add a new 3rd one.
I tend to believe if people wanted to post their recipes, they would have done so already.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »

That's the challenge I've always struggled with as well. I would rather combine those two sections than add a new 3rd one.
I tend to believe if people wanted to post their recipes, they would have done so already.
I agree completely.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
I want to say I have only posted 7 or 8   Recipes and only when asked. My grandfather was a chef in Downtown Chicago at a point. I have 20 to 25 2" binders filled with his recipes I have made many and would be happy to  share with the club.

He didn't cook cheap food he only used the best cuts, but I have used his recipes with cheaper cuts and family said WOW!

Just say the word and I can start scanning some of them/a lot of them. Just an offer to get started.

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 09:37:43 PM »
I want to say I have only posted 7 or 8   Recipes and only when asked. My grandfather was a chef in Downtown Chicago at a point. I have 20 to 25 2" binders filled with his recipes I have made many and would be happy to  share with the club.

He didn't cook cheap food he only used the best cuts, but I have used his recipes with cheaper cuts and family said WOW!

Just say the word and I can start scanning some of them/a lot of them. Just an offer to get started.

Wow, that's generous of you man!

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 05:47:55 AM »
@Shoestringshop Very nice offer.   Now here's your offer to get started!!   
But, the dilemma is what forum to post in.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »

That is a really great offer! I'm sure everyone would love to see them.  So generous of you!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »
@Shoestringshop Very nice offer.   Now here's your offer to get started!!   
But, the dilemma is what forum to post in.

I tend to think that a forum isn't the right platform for recipe content.

I like @MikeRocksTheRed 's approach with tagging food posts that actually contain a recipe and using that tag to make it searchable.
His method is fully manual, but there might be some ways to make it automagical.

To me a pasted recipe without pics or actual process is less helpful than a typical food post without attached recipe.

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »
You make a good point @Troy.  I rescind my previous post!
I'm just gonna monitor this thread and see what happens!  :-)
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
I would love to scan a lot of grandpas recipes but, to make all the food that he has.... I'd go broke. Now mind you all his are made in the oven or on the stovetop. But I know we WKC could convert them into a Kettlelicious  meal.

All the food I will make I will post pictures for from grandpas books.

I will start scanning a few books he has handwritten and wait to see what the club has decided.

Just let me know. What we all/most want. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 08:48:24 PM »
It could work. Just needs participation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:13:02 PM by Travis »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 11:41:39 PM »
Is there any movement here?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
Is there any movement here?

At this time, no.
I'd love to have a robust collection of recipes for site at some point though.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »
I still say just put RECIPEINCLUDED (one word) in your subject line when posting if you have the recipe in the post!!!  See how that goes for a while, then if it goes well it might justify a dedicated recipe section.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!