Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime colored Smokey Joes?  (Read 3361 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Lime colored Smokey Joes?
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
Does anybody know what is going on with the Lime colored Smokey Joes on ebay lately? As many of you are already aware, there is a guy that has been selling lime green colored Smokey Joes on ebay for a while now. He starts the bidding at $35 and usually ends up selling it for somewhere in the $40 range. Here lately, people have been going crazy trying to bid on one of these things. The last several auctions, he has been getting a final price in the $60 range and almost near $70! The last auction had 19 bids. What's going on?

Don't people realize that you can go directly to this guy's website and buy one of these lime green Smokey Joes for a flat fee of $50 and free shipping? People are standing in line at ebay fighting each other over who is going to get the highest bid when they can buy it directly from this guy on his website for cheaper $$$. Click on the link. See for yourself...

http://www.uline.com/BL_7316/Grills
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Lime colored Smokey Joes?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
When you have a corporate account with Uline...and you place an order of at least 1000.00, you get a Smokey Joe for free.  This guy must have a huge account in that he sells so many.  And no...some people don't realize where these grills are coming from.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
Isnt the eBay sellers name something like shippers supply?  As Jeff said, the seller is probably getting them for free since Uline provides shipping supplies.  I assume most people dont know you can get them from Uline unless they hang out on a site like this one.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
I'm just trying to understand what is behind this sudden demand for lime green Smokey Joes? They have always been available?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Danny C

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
I have been seeing that guy sell these for the last year, about one every 8 days I paid 39 bucks for mine from him, I haven't even opened the box yet, and I am not a BNIB guy, it shipped fast and I would buy from again, contact him thru eBay maybe he will do a quick buy it now?
Danny

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
I'm just trying to understand what is behind this sudden demand for lime green Smokey Joes? They have always been available?

They haven't been available for THAT long.  Crate and Barrel had them for a couple years, now not anymore.  Now Uline has a slightly different color in their own lime.  Just remember...ANYONE can have an everyday black grill, but this is something a little different.  I've noticed over the last few years ALOT more people are starting to collect colored grills.  Catch the fever!  :)
Kettle collector AND cooker!