Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: onlyfire  (Read 6928 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: onlyfire
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 09:39:11 PM »
no pissing match desired.
i don't consider "chinese made" to be a signal of quality at all. Plenty of high end things are made there.

In this instance, it's more about business practices and innovation. I'm certainly not defending any pizza que...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 02:55:40 AM »
Being made in China is not the issue. The rip off cloning of American made products is. I would not purchase anything from only fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 03:04:13 AM »
I purchased a pizzaque and like it but best I can tell, it is it's own design and not a copy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not aware of anything else like the pizzaque.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
   Well lets see Onlyfire make something original for grills instead of "improving" what an american company took the time to start up from scratch. Not gonna happen requires to much R&D. The best way you can say thank you to these american companies is to buy their products and avoid these leeches 100%.
   I'm not one to wrap myself in the American flag but the type of work I do requires that your tools and clothes be of good quality or your work will suffer. So if the metal is thinner and a lower quality dont waste my time now if this were a high quality product where a true apples to apples comparison can be done I welcome it. Ok I'm getting off my soapbox.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
That's fine guys, but competition breeds improvement.  The Onlyfire may be made in china but it is Heads and Tails in quality above the Pizzaque.  Remember I own both.  The Pizzaque needs improvement.  It neither fits the kettle properly nor the lid.  The lid is always in peril of falling off.  It doesn't fit a kettle with a table or a lid bail.  The cheap charcoal fence should last at least 6 uses.  If you make a mistake and shove the pizza a little to far it falls off the back of the stone and you are screwed.  The Onlyfire has none of these problems.  If Pizzaque wants to compete in this market they are Very Welcome to make improvements to their products.  The Kettlepizza seems to be much more substantial but still has some things that could be improved.  The Onlyfire improved them!
I am sorry some of you don't like improved products.  I for one will buy the best products for my $
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »
Now, If Cajun Bandit wants to jump into the frey,  and can keep their $ in the $125 range. I would love to see their product and would have nothing against purchasing one if I can see an improvement.  I could see only one improvement on the Onlyfire and have made it on my own unit.  The Onlyfire unit has the grate too low under the window.  The clips they supply are asking for trouble.  A little reengineering and the grate could be contained in the ring.  It would then be perfect.  I hope some US company could do this.  I feel that Cajun Bandit already had the tooling and capability.  It would be a natural. 
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder