Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: onlyfire  (Read 6927 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
onlyfire
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »
was looking on amazon for pizza attachments and I found the only fire Pizza kit. anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: onlyfire
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »
Hey Matt, you looking to get a pizza attachment?

@LiquidOcelot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:36:10 AM »
It looks like they took their roto ring, cut a hole in it and added a thermo and handles.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »

It looks like they took their roto ring, cut a hole in it and added a thermo and handles.

I had no idea, until just now, that they (onlyfire) built a roto ring with a full lip on the bottom.
I have, and only had seen, the one with the bolt on clips that leave a gap around the bowl edge.

VS:

I wish that I had seen the type with the lip when I was looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »
Hey Matt, you looking to get a pizza attachment?

@LiquidOcelot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
eh just looking right now, I have a spare 22 lid right now may do what you did and make a pizza lid

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
That'll be fun

Just talk to me before you buy anything, if you lean that way.
Dude, relax your chicken.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 03:57:02 PM »
ok will do @dazzo

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »
Isn't that the same company that ripped off the slow n' sear?
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 06:32:52 AM »
Isn't that the same company that ripped off the slow n' sear?

That was my initial thought then I couldn't remember what it was they ripped off recently.  I think you are right.  The rotisserie I get and don't really get mad at them making a rotisserie that is cheaper then weber's rotisserie, but then they ripped of the slow-n-sear and now the kettle pizza.  Kind of shady in my mind and I think if I didn't already have a Kettle Pizza I would still not consider the onlyfire since they are trending towards ripping off more and more hard working American companies.  One of the coolest things about unboxing things from Kettle Pizza is the card that is in the box that says everything is made in the US.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »
I don't know anything about the slow and sear but I got my Onlyfire Pizza ring today.  It is heads and tails above the Pizzaque that I have.  The lid fits correctly.  It fits the kettle perfectly.  It is well finished and easy to assemble.  I have not used the KettlePizza but I have used the Pizzaque.  I know they are borrowing a concept but they have improved it.  I feel the same way about their Rotiserie Ring.  It fits the kettle better than the others.  I have not seen the improved version of the Weber Roti ring. but it seem to be about the same but in stainless steel.  I have a problem with companies that blatantly copy but If they improve, I'm all for it....
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 05:58:00 AM »
I made pizza on my Onlyfire Pizza ring last night.  It dropped right on my SSP. No interference, No problems with lid bail to table.
I made the pizza on parchment, trimmed to pizza size and launched it on the parchment.  4 min later I pulled it out, rotated 180 and removed the parchment.  4 min later we ate pizza.  I used a full chimney of KBB and 6 chunks of hickory.  The Onlyfire fit the SSP much better than Pizzaque.  No clips to maneuver. More support for the stone.  Good Pizza!!!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »
I made pizza on my Onlyfire Pizza ring last night.  It dropped right on my SSP. No interference, No problems with lid bail to table.
I made the pizza on parchment, trimmed to pizza size and launched it on the parchment.  4 min later I pulled it out, rotated 180 and removed the parchment.  4 min later we ate pizza.  I used a full chimney of KBB and 6 chunks of hickory.  The Onlyfire fit the SSP much better than Pizzaque.  No clips to maneuver. More support for the stone.  Good Pizza!!!

Post some pics of your Onlyfire ring. I have a Pizza Que in the box and haven't used it yet. (could get gifted!)

I was given a 22" Stainless steel and an 18" black Onlyfire rotisserie rings and the fit is pretty sloppy compared to the Weber and Cajun Bandit rings.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:54:19 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »

Post some pics of your Onlyfire ring. I have a Pizza Que in the box and haven't used it yet. (could get gifted!)

I was given a 22" Stainless steel and an 18" black Onlyfire rotisserie rings and the fit is pretty sloppy compared to the Weber and Cajun Bandit rings.

I had an only fire roto before I was able to swap it out for a Weber roto when I agented a grill purchase for someone.  The only fire roto did have a bit of a gap around it, but I got some high heat gasket (the one for the Big Green Egg) and that really helps close up the gap between the roto ring and the kettle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »
All of this Onlyfire product is china made, and even china owned.

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »
Mike rock the red, you obviously had the early version of the onlyfire.  Check out the latest website. 
I will not get into a pissin match with you guys about Chinese crap.  I have stated that I own a Pizzaque.  I have only observed the Pizza que.  The Onlyfire, while made in China, just like the computer you are writing on, was far superior in construction than the other units I have observed.  I make this statement as a 35 year Stainless Steel fabricator of Winery equipment.  As I have stated, the chinese have no great love in my heart.  I partially blame them for the demise of my business.  You cannot believe the astonishment at discovering my products cloned and on somebody else's website.  No improvements, no changes, just
copied.  But as I have stated, If the product is improved.  Have at it....