Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer One touch System...When did it change?  (Read 12222 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer One touch System...When did it change?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »
Randy, it looks like you have the newer style One Touch ash assembly made for Perfomrers and One Touch Golds.  Its made out of Stainless.  All you need is a bucket.
As for the frame tube.  Inside that tube is supposed to be a threaded insert that holds the bolt.
Its rusted out. (They are welded in at the factory, so its not ra replaceable part) There is a couple ways to fix it.  Is the tube unuseable?
Here is the simple fix:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?23649-COMPLETED!-Red-Weber-SS-Performer-Restoration-20-CL-score-Now-with-pics!!/page3&highlight=performer+repair+frame
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:54:19 AM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »
You can get the ash can and handle separately from the ring.  Use the lniks that gl provided earlier to get the part #.  Also, the ash can from an MT does not fit some of the current style of ash rings.  The handle is set a little lower in the aluminum pot than the current style.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »
I will have an extra ash bucket.  It's yours if you need it.  I had the same Issue with my performer.  A discontinued bracket wouldn't let me attach the ring to the kettle.  I called Weber and they shipped me a brand new Ring and Pan assembly yesterday.  FREE!!!  Weber Customer Service is second to none.

1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
Wow, thanks guys, I've think I'm going to try the all thread method, had that already in my mind, and Fedex, that's mighty kind of you my friend but we live on opposite coasts and not sure what the shipping would be. I went ahead and just ordered a new assembly from Weber, she had the wrong yr performer and that was the confusion. The whole assembly is only a couple of bucks more that just the pan anyway. Not sure how you got yours for free, I got charged$$ ??? Maybe your the original owner and have it registered, no matter, I'm just thrilled to finally have a performer for fairly cheap. Wanted one for quite a while but couldn't afford it. You very rarely see them used down here. Thanks everyone, I will post pic's when complete!! It's nice to be apart of this family!! ;D  By the way, I'm jealous of your blue one, sweet!!Nice looking Platinum too, love mine....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:35:29 AM by RandyG »
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
Randy,  Shipping for me is not an issue, I work for a Major Shipping Co. LOL.  As for getting my parts for free, I've found that dealing with Weber CS is a roll of the dice.  Sometimes you get the person you think doesn't know crap about Weber products and sometimes you get one like I did yesterday who has worked at Weber for 20 years and is also a collector.  When he looked up my model he apologized because the bracket I needed had been discontinued so he offered the new updated version for free.  No matter what though I've always been satisfied with Weber CS.   BTW I'm not the original owner, picked it up off CL last weekend.  This was my "Holy Grail". 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:52:58 PM by fedex »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
 :)That's awesome Fedex, I guess that's why I don't play the lottery or dice...LOL!!Mine was a cl score last weekend also, first one I've seen in this area in a long time. 8)
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
+1 on the wide variety of CS help at Weber.  They are all kind and helpful, but some are much more knowledgeable (and generous) than others.  Sometimes, the person will tell you that they don't have that part anymore, and the next time you call the person sends it to you for free.  The thing I try to do is to be patient and take good notes of part numbers that they *do* find, so you can reference them the next time you call. So, for example, you can buy the kit of the coal baskets for like $20, or you can order them individually at about 5 bucks apiece.  The only difference being that you don't get the fancy box when you buy by the piece. 

Glad you got the parts, Randy.  I would have gotten the whole ash basket kit as well-- might as well.  Can't wait to see the finished photos. 
One of the charcoal people.