Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone have a true grey kettle ?  (Read 8891 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Does anyone have a true grey kettle ?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
Technically you only asked two questions.....Not sure if WTF? passes for a question.....So question one.. yes still black today....worked awesome.....I might have sprayed pam as well.

Question two..Router where? From left to right on top of Mesa Azul as follows; one charcoal starter full of charcoal in #3, small speaker, Motorola Razr Maxx on a charger base, one thick rubber glove, one pitt mitt, and the Pizza oven on #2.  On the bottom left to right, two sets of wire baskets stacked up, Propane bottle attached to igniter on #2, stack of four fire bricks, and my metal box full of gloves and wood chunks......

Did you guys notice the blue fade on my performer?  Very slight but a fade for sure.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »
Kirk-welcome to the site.  Whats the story with the avocado grill in your photobucket??  that looks like a true rescue.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »
What's the official color for this?

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
Does anyone have a true grey kettle ?
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
Grandpa is a true gray....

Damn, bet that grill has some stories to tell!  I like it.
Copper colored Weber OTG, Black Weber OTS, Copper colored Weber E310, UDS, and a wood burning pizza oven.

Cooking in my Yard

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »
Actually Grandpa is a silver from 62'. He was at least when he was a young buck and thought he could take on the world. Now he's looking gray and patina in his old age. :)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
I love the patina on this grill, Brian. I also like how shiny the vent is. Nice contrast with the rest of the Kettle.

Grandpa is a true gray....

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 05:04:40 PM »
I polished up the vent, it was crusted and black, and I really wanted to see the Wood Dale real clear so I had to shine it up....

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
Funny thing, anyone who sees Grandpa who is just a regular civilian not a Weber maniac always says "Wow, what is that one, it looks so cool"  Grandpa has become quite a celebrity....

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
Thats because he's the MAN!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
I think what one of the things that makes Grandpa so interesting is that he has the look of an old Bouy with the rust like the first kettle.

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »
Grandpa is the Kettle that I always picture standing in the center with a bunch of newer kettles surrounding him and he's just taking them to school on how its done, oh and also chastising the millennial kettles once in a while "You kids with your new fangled plastic handles, lid bales and gas assist" "In my day my first owner had to build pyramids of charcoal and stick matches in the bottom and that's the way it was and we liked it!" "In my day we didn't have chimneys, if you wanted a rapid start you got out a FIRE BLOWER!"

Grandpa is a Badass!  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:10:51 PM by Craig »

Kirk Fortin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Kirk-welcome to the site.  Whats the story with the avocado grill in your photobucket??  that looks like a true rescue.
Well about 2 months ago i help my buddy move into his new house in the Mtns just outside Santa Cruz CA...in Boulder Creek actually. When we pulled up it was on the curb, i claimed that so fast. The 10 or so people all thought i was nuts it was it worse shape than those photos. Mold mildew rust everywhere. This thing looks like it fell about 10 feet off their back deck into the creek on more than one occasion. I still cant identify it yet truly as im still learning. The battle scars are fierce with this one. Cooker not a looker is how its gonna roll....even with its peg leg wheel missing.
Love like your life depends on it, because it does!- Michael Franti

Kirk Fortin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »
Oh yeah seriously...how did you get that top vent damper so clean and shiny? I used 0000 wool but do you do more than that? Any polish or has anyone taken a buffer to the kettles?
Love like your life depends on it, because it does!- Michael Franti