Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Best place to buy charcoal?  (Read 990 times)

webbc1x

• Smokey Joe
Best place to buy charcoal?
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:00:32 AM »
I usually stock up on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend when Lowe's is basically giving it away...must've been cooking more than I usually do this winter because I am already out, a LONG way from Memorial Day.

Any other deals anyone knows about?  Hate to pay full price.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Best place to buy charcoal?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:41:06 AM »
Usually they have a sale in April too. They call it the spring Black Friday event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webbc1x

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:33 AM »
Usually they have a sale in April too. They call it the spring Black Friday event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out.  May have to suck it up and pay full price until then.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
The best place to buy charcoal is the WKC.  ;-)

Get it where you can for now, but keep an eye out on the message boards.  When it goes on sale at a major chain store (Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc.) you'll hear about it.  Then buy and bunch and enjoy the cheap eats!  Stock enough at Memorial Day to make it to the Fourth of July, when you can get enough to make it to Labor Day.  But that's when the pressure is on, because you'll need to figure out how much you'll need to make it through the winter!
One of the charcoal people.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
You can order Royal Oak Chefs Select from the DoIt Best hardware website and have it shipped to store for free.

Not the same deal you'd get on KBB (ptooey!) on Memorial Day, but really good charcoal at an OK price.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"