Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Original Fifties Style Sloppies!  (Read 5436 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Original Fifties Style Sloppies!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »
Thanks again! Note to self.......extra onions for Craigs. :D
You know it!
Thanks for posting that Chris & Pitts menu, Michael. Getting hungry just reading that.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
I just did these with the onion, but I couldnt find the same sauce..  :(  But I used Cookies bbq sauce and it was a hit! Definitely adding this to the kettle staples. Thanks for the idea, Duke!  :D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
I just did these with the onion, but I couldnt find the same sauce..  :(  But I used Cookies bbq sauce and it was a hit! Definitely adding this to the kettle staples. Thanks for the idea, Duke!  :D
Yes Sir, it's a regular here now. Just tweak it the way you like it. I have never heard of Cookies, but Kraft OG seems to be a winner here these days. It always gets high marks and is easy to tweak. I wouldn't mind to try Open Pit either. I am getting into the sauces that have been around for a while. I have another weird hot dog recipe fromt the fifties i'm doing next.

Thanks Craig!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
Yes Sir, it's a regular here now. Just tweak it the way you like it. I have never heard of Cookies, but Kraft OG seems to be a winner here these days. It always gets high marks and is easy to tweak. I wouldn't mind to try Open Pit either. I am getting into the sauces that have been around for a while. I have another weird hot dog recipe fromt the fifties i'm doing next.

Thanks Craig!

Cookies is a local or regional sauce out of Wall Lake, Iowa. Its' sold mainly around NE, IA, SD, KS, and MO. It's pretty basic, but decent. When I was a kid, it was Cookies, KC Masterpiece, or Bullseye around our house...

BTW, please share what you've got for the 50's style Hot Dogs.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
Sounds good to me. :) I will try and do the dogs soon.